2015dn stops printing and behaves badly (526 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Paul purcell
Message 1 of 8 (526 Views)

2015dn stops printing and behaves badly

Our 2015dn decided to intermittently stop printing. The server gives a message of "There was an error in printing the document: docname to IP_192.168.1.15. Do you want to cancel or retry the job?". The printer itself just sits there with the ready light glowing a constant green. Turning the printer on and off does seen to do the trick (as mentioned in another thread) but doing that constantly all day doesn't seem like much of a solution.

Sometimes, after turning the printer on and off, it sticks at paper out or toner out light and I have to turn it off/on until it finally finishes cycling, adding to the frustration.

The problem started small, just in the morning, and has gotten progressively worse over a period of days. We've only had the printer a little over a year. Any clues out there?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Dewaine Chan
Message 2 of 8 (526 Views)

Re: 2015dn stops printing and behaves badly

Sounds like the Embedded JetDirect Server is bad. There has been quite a few posting about the subject. Some will not wake up from Sleep Mode. You coudl try and upgrade the FIRMWARE and see if that will help or not.

D.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Paul purcell
Message 3 of 8 (526 Views)

Thanks, but from the looks of it, nobody is able to upload that firmware. It seems that they are all spending too much time on these printers. Does this mean replacing the jet direct board might be the route to go?

Paul
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
MJS1240!
Message 4 of 8 (526 Views)

Can you run a test print once you get this error by pushing the go button?

The toner and paper light maybe the formatter failing which is very very common on these.

If the printer is locking up and you can't run a test page most likely the formatter needs to be replaced. Part number for the board is Q7805-60002. Pretty easy fix
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jim hendershot
Message 5 of 8 (526 Views)

this may sound strange but i fix several of these 2015dn by removing the formtter boards and baking them in an oven (350 for 8 min) and after they cool replacing them in machine and have not had any more problems for months now! Found this on internet and thought it was crazy until i tried it.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 8 (526 Views)

Jim,

This has been addressed many times on this forum and there are many links to exact instructions to bake the board. Seems like you want to spread the word which is good but it has been done already on this board.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Paul purcell
Message 7 of 8 (526 Views)

Jim,

Thanks for the answer. When the problem occurred for me, I didn't see anything on the forum that was of help. The answers I did get didn't lead to a solution, so the printer just sat under my desk and I let it lie. Then I got an email that you had responded to my thread about baking the board. Now perhaps that information is all over the message boards, but I didn't know it because I had given up. Thanks for letting me (the one who needed help) know.

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 8 of 8 (526 Views)

For those that need the link to the thread that links to the instructions.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1369992
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation