1200 ejects extra page (275 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA806781
Message 1 of 6 (275 Views)

1200 ejects extra page

1 week old laser jet 1200 was printing normally. Today it started spitting out a blank page at the end of each document (web page, or from any program). In the Properties, "none" is listed for separator page. Any hints on how to fix this annoyance? Thanx
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Teresa Sorensen
Message 2 of 6 (275 Views)

Re: 1200 ejects extra page

Hello Robin,

Below is a list of things that can cause that extra page:

Ensure that the document is not corrupt by printing a test page from another application.
Ensure that the page length and margins are set correctly for the paper size.
Ensure that a sharing device or network is not generating a blank page as a separator page (contact your Network Administrator).
Ensure that the printer is not feeding two or more sheets of paper at a time because the paper is difficult to separate (break the paper when loading into the printer, do not fan the paper).
Ensure that the software application is not sending an extra page-eject command.
Ensure that the application file does not have an extra blank page.
Hardware and connectivity issues
Check to see if there is an error message on the control panel of the printer, or check the printer's control panel light patterns for errors.
Check for connectivity. Ensure that the power cord and data cables are plugged in securely.
Plug the power cord directly into a three-pronged, grounded wall outlet.
Ensure that the paper guide is installed. (When the paper guide is not installed correctly, the printer will misinterpret the paper size and attempt to "make" that paper size by feeding an extra page.)
User-replaceable transfer rollers may be reseated. Do not touch the black rubbery surface as finger oils can cause problems.

In addition:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl06146.html

Let me know if you are still having trouble after checking the above.

Teresa
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CA806781
Message 3 of 6 (275 Views)

Theresa,
Here'status to date on the great troubleshooting tips:

Ensure that the document is not corrupt by printing a test page from another application -
No xtra blank page printed from Excel, Word, Wordperfect; xtra blank page printed from IE (xtra blank pg after last pg w/ printing), AOL email, PrintShop.

Ensure that the page length and margins are set correctly for the paper size - OK

Ensure that a sharing device or network is not generating a blank page as a separator page (contact your Network Administrator) - No network, but parallel cable connected to device that scanner and printer connect to, then this device connected to cpu. I know about the birectional stuff, but this has never been a problem before and don't know if it would explain why it is a problem with some applications and not others. It will be awhile before I can connect printer directly to cpu, cuz I need a longer cable or have to move cable laden cpu.

Ensure that the printer is not feeding two or more sheets of paper at a time because the paper is difficult to separate (break the paper when loading into the printer, do not fan the paper) - Printing feeding single sheets only; not like my 6P and 4P before.

Ensure that the software application is not sending an extra page-eject command - the programs that eject the xtra sheet take me to the LJ1200 printer properties dialogue box, which has no separator page selected.

Ensure that the application file does not have an extra blank page - nope

Hardware and connectivity issues - ???

Check to see if there is an error message on the control panel of the printer, or check the printer's control panel light patterns for errors - no error message; lights appropriate

Check for connectivity. Ensure that the power cord and data cables are plugged in securely - ok

Plug the power cord directly into a three-pronged, grounded wall outlet - ok

Ensure that the paper guide is installed. (When the paper guide is not installed correctly, the printer will misinterpret the paper size and attempt to "make" that paper size by feeding an extra page.) ok

User-replaceable transfer rollers may be reseated. Do not touch the black rubbery surface as finger oils can cause problems 0 not sure about this one.

So, at this point, Im still getting an extra page when printing from IE, AOL email and Printshop.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CA806781
Message 4 of 6 (275 Views)

Theresa,
Here'status to date on the great troubleshooting tips:

Ensure that the document is not corrupt by printing a test page from another application -
No xtra blank page printed from Excel, Word, Wordperfect; xtra blank page printed from IE (xtra blank pg after last pg w/ printing), AOL email, PrintShop.

Ensure that the page length and margins are set correctly for the paper size - OK

Ensure that a sharing device or network is not generating a blank page as a separator page (contact your Network Administrator) - No network, but parallel cable connected to device that scanner and printer connect to, then this device connected to cpu. I know about the birectional stuff, but this has never been a problem before and don't know if it would explain why it is a problem with some applications and not others. It will be awhile before I can connect printer directly to cpu, cuz I need a longer cable or have to move cable laden cpu.

Ensure that the printer is not feeding two or more sheets of paper at a time because the paper is difficult to separate (break the paper when loading into the printer, do not fan the paper) - Printing feeding single sheets only; not like my 6P and 4P before.

Ensure that the software application is not sending an extra page-eject command - the programs that eject the xtra sheet take me to the LJ1200 printer properties dialogue box, which has no separator page selected.

Ensure that the application file does not have an extra blank page - nope

Hardware and connectivity issues - ???

Check to see if there is an error message on the control panel of the printer, or check the printer's control panel light patterns for errors - no error message; lights appropriate

Check for connectivity. Ensure that the power cord and data cables are plugged in securely - ok

Plug the power cord directly into a three-pronged, grounded wall outlet - ok

Ensure that the paper guide is installed. (When the paper guide is not installed correctly, the printer will misinterpret the paper size and attempt to "make" that paper size by feeding an extra page.) ok

User-replaceable transfer rollers may be reseated. Do not touch the black rubbery surface as finger oils can cause problems 0 not sure about this one.

So, at this point, Im still getting an extra page when printing from IE, AOL email and Printshop.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Teresa Sorensen
Message 5 of 6 (275 Views)

Sometimes selecting the Print button in Internet Explorer will cause a blank page. If you select File and then Print do you get the extra page?

Teresa
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CA806781
Message 6 of 6 (275 Views)

Correct. In IE, clicking the print icon results in an xtra blank page; clicking file>print does not. What's up with that and can it be fixed?

Did not resolve it in aol. Clicking file>print takes me to the same menu as clicking print icon amnd an xtra blank page! It is now also printing landscape in aol. I had the printer settings changed briefly last nite while in IE to print landscape (to print your response actually - per printing instructions) but changed it back to portrait.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation