Color Laserjet 3600 dn + cartridge lock repair (296 Views)
ktvaughan
Message 1 of 5 (296 Views)

Color Laserjet 3600 dn + cartridge lock repair

I had to replace the cartridge lock slides on both sides on my unit after replacing one of the toner cartridges. This involved removing and reinstalling the MDA on the right side. I have reassembled the unit and it starts and runs with no error codes. However, the pages are very "dirty" and most of the pages are blank - even with the test page.

There were no other problems with the printer before the replacement of the cyan cartidge, so I doubt there are major problems with the fuser etc.

Although I spent a lot of time making sure the gears were lined up right, that's the only thing I think could be an issue. THe cams inside the unit looks like they are right, so it might be the gear alignment in the MDA itself (which I lined up before installation).

Can anyone explain the pages with no content and lots of blotches and horizontal lines? Could it be misaligned gears in the MDA?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Askme
Message 2 of 5 (268 Views)

Re: Color Laserjet 3600 dn + cartridge lock repair

As the device was working fine earlier and issue started only after MDA removal, hence most likely it could be allignment issue or failure of MDA.

If you have never done the MDA allignment earlier, it may not be successful with first or few more attempts, unless you know all the steps involved for MDA and separation drive assembly allignment.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Please use plain text.
ktvaughan
Message 3 of 5 (261 Views)

Are there any installation "tricks" that simplify the insertion of the MDA?

It seems like you need to do a lot of wiggling to get it in place. The white gear that drives the black toner cartridge also seems easy to knock out of alignment.

Could alignment of one gear lead to all the probelms I am having (dirty pages, blank images etc)?

Please use plain text.
ktvaughan
Message 4 of 5 (256 Views)

Also, at the top of the front door, there is a white bar under the control panel with tabs that contact the top of the ETB assembly. This is spring-loaded and can rotate forward and backward. I have pushed the bar backward, because the front door opens and closes smoothly in that position. Is this correct, or should the bar be rotated forward? This  makes it harder top open and close the front door. 

Please use plain text.
ktvaughan
Message 5 of 5 (221 Views)

I have the 3600 dn reassembled and the 3 colors work but not the black. I marked the MDA to makes sure I could confirm alignment after assembly and everything seems lines up.

The three colors print fins, but there is no black.

I installed a fresh black cartridge and that does not restore black.

It seems like the black cartidges are good, because they print if installed in the cyan slot.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation