problem setting up wireless printing (189 Views)
Occasional Visitor
kayaker
Message 1 of 3 (189 Views)

problem setting up wireless printing

Am running disc to set up wireless printing from laptop on OS Windows XP to OfficeJet Pro 8500.  Get message saying that this OS is unsupported, that Windows 7 is supported.  I previously set up another laptop of XP sucdcessfully.  Please advise on how to do and list all the steps for me to bring this to a successful resolution.  Thank you very much in advance.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
WEP_Jr
Message 2 of 3 (180 Views)

Re: problem setting up wireless printing

Hello Kayaker,

I am sorry you are having problems with your OJ 8500. There is a supported Win XP driver available and this can be found on the HP Support Forum at the following location.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=40839...

Please let me know if this helps solve your problem.

Thank you,

I work at HP and glad to assist you.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the star). If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
kayaker
Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: problem setting up wireless printing

Hi,

Thank You for your reply.

I downloaded the driver.  My computer seems all set.  The printer says it's connected to the network.  But the computer can't seem to find the printer.

Also, some of the directions don't seem to be relevant to my printer.  e.g. there is no button to push with a wireless symbol on the front of my computer.  I do have solid blue light where the wireless label is on the lower right of printer face.

What should I do now?

Looking forward to your reply.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation