hp deskjet 5550 spits out extra page (300 Views)
Occasional Visitor
earlg
Message 1 of 1 (300 Views)

hp deskjet 5550 spits out extra page

my hp deskjet 5550 spits out an extra blank page after printing the first page of any document, then prints the remaining pages (if there are any) of the document.  the type of document doesn't matter--word, excel, pdf, web page--it always spits out a blank page after printing the first page.  if i print the document from back to front, it still spits out one extra page after the first page printed, which would now be the last page of the document.  the 5550 is connected with a usb cable to a hp pavilion a6130n desktop pc, which has been upgraded from Windows Vista to 8.0 to 8.1.  The problem started with the last upgrade to 8.1.  if i connect the printer to another 8.1 pc (my laptop) with the usb cable, the 5550 does not spit out an extra page.  so, the problem must be in what the desktop is telling the printer to do.  how can i stop the printer from spitting out an extra blank page after the first page it prints?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.