Re: Upgrade Firmware on Business Inkjet 1200 (447 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Bjobie
Message 1 of 4 (791 Views)

Upgrade Firmware on Business Inkjet 1200

I have a Business Inkjet 1200 P/N C8155A that is giving Firmware Error on the Event Log that prints out on the Configuration Page. So I want to try upgrading the firmware. Usually I would go to the Drivers and Software Download page, but there is no firmware available for download. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=411181&p...

So I downloaded the full driver thinking there might be a utilty in there. Nope. There's also no utility on the embedded web server for the printer.

Does anyone know where I can download the firmware for this printer so I can upgrade????

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rock-lichen
Message 2 of 4 (700 Views)

Re: Upgrade Firmware on Business Inkjet 1200

I am having the same issue. It's really unprofesional that HP has done nothing to remedy this issue.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
zebedeeboy
Message 3 of 4 (453 Views)

I second that. How complicated is it to produce a list of firmware versions that work with each operating system?
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 4 (447 Views)

>Does anyone know where I can download the firmware for this printer so I can upgrade?

(It would help if you mentioned you were using XP.)

Why do you think you can even change the firmware on this model printer?

I only see mention of drivers, no firmware for the few OS versions I checked.  And most were built into the OS.

>How complicated is it to produce a list of firmware versions that work with each operating system?

If there isn't any firmware, it can't really be listed.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation