Prints only the first 2 pages, then stops (371 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA738586
Message 1 of 3 (371 Views)

Prints only the first 2 pages, then stops

Lately my printer has stalled after printing out only the first two pages of whatever assignment I give it. It then prints only the top few lines of the third page and stops, leaving the third page stuck in the printer. (The first two pages are ejected the way they should be.) The printer light continues to blink until I turn it off. Likewise, if I instruct the printer to print two-sidedly, it gives me the "turn the pages around" command after just the first two pages have been printed.

This problem doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand why the printer would print and spit out the first two pages only and then stop. Could you please tell me what's causing this to occur, and what I can do to fix it? I've been using this printer for four years, and have never experienced this problem before.

By the way, my printer is a DeskJet 722c.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rachelle Thoren
Message 2 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: Prints only the first 2 pages, then stops

Timothy,

It sounds like the communications between your printer and pc is breaking down. I would recommend that you try a brand new IEEE 1284c printer cable. Make sure it is highly shielded and that your cable is less than 10 feet in length.

Rachelle
Each day holds promise, purpose and possibility.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CA738586
Message 3 of 3 (371 Views)

Re: Prints only the first 2 pages, then stops

Thanks for the tip; I'll go to office supply store tomorrow and get one of those cables.

I hope you're right!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation