Extra page printing (14409 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Meadowbrook
Message 1 of 12 (14,409 Views)

Extra page printing

Good afternoon,

Ran into a odd issue this past week, my deskjet 9800 prints an extra page after each job. The extra page usually has this printed on top left side: 2345x. Sometimes just a 2.

Any ideas of fixing this?

Thanks,

Meadowbrook

HP Pro
WEP_Jr
Message 2 of 12 (12,889 Views)

Re: Extra page printing

Hello,

I am sorry you are having issues with the extra page printing on your HP Deskjet 9800.

What operating system are you utilizing? This will help us address the issue.

Thank you,

WEP_Jr

I work at HP and glad to assist you.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the star). If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
Occasional Advisor
Meadowbrook
Message 3 of 12 (12,886 Views)

I am using OS X version 10.7.5

thanks for helping

dennis

HP Pro
WEP_Jr
Message 4 of 12 (12,797 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for verifying the OS.

I did some checking and found some info actually on the Apple Support Forum, this is what it shared:

etting back into this today to find a fix....

I followed your link to the HP site. I have a HP9800 printer and entered it into the search box. There is a field asking for a serial number (assuming this is to check warranty status) but then below this it asks for your language, then displays a list of Operating Systems. It goes up to Mac OS X 10.7.   We're at 10.8.5.

I am assuming this is where I should choose the 10.6 OS to get the older driver right?

If so, then I get to a page showing available software:

Driver - Product Installation Software HP Products with Print Drivers Included in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

• N/A
  • 5 Nov 2009

Obtain software HP DeskJet, OfficeJet and Photosmart Software Information - Mac OS X 10.6

• N/A
  • 31 Aug 2009

Obtain software

When I chose the first option, it takes me to a page that says the HP page is experiencing problems.It's been showing this for several weeks. It also says the HP drivers are included with the 10.6 OS

HP Products with Print Drivers Included in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement.

Type: Driver - Product Installation Software Version: N/A (5 Nov 2009) Operating System(s): Mac OS X, Mac OS X 10.6

Get the driver here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4082&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&s w_lang=&product=439...

It works.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

WEP_Jr

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the star). If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
Occasional Advisor
Meadowbrook
Message 5 of 12 (12,773 Views)

still getting caught in endless loops of HP pages. tried connecting to suggested download link and right back to the endless loops. thought i was on to something only to find out it was (the driver) unavailable 

is there a simple solution, a link directly to the driver?

and what operating system should it be assigned too?

Occasional Advisor
Meadowbrook
Message 6 of 12 (12,647 Views)

OK, now I attempted all that was written. went to add the printer and it says the software is avalable but the HP site says it is not, so now I have a dead prienter.

there has to be a solution

dennis

Occasional Advisor
Meadowbrook
Message 7 of 12 (12,645 Views)

this is the error message I get when attempting to down;load driver software

"The software for this printer is currently unavailable. Please contact the printer’s manufacturer for the latest software."

HP Pro
WEP_Jr
Message 8 of 12 (12,158 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I am sorry the recommendations I provided didn't work. Let me do some more digging. I will get back to you.

Thank you,

WEP_Jr

HP Pro
WEP_Jr
Message 9 of 12 (12,157 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I found this link to the driver on HP.COM, did you see this download?

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=439154&spf_p....

It appears to be the same MacOS version. If not, please let me know.

Thank you,

WEP_Jr

Occasional Advisor
Meadowbrook
Message 10 of 12 (10,475 Views)

same results, I even deleted the printer then re-added. Goes to same location, saying I do not need driver it is built in with the OS. 

HP Pro
WEP_Jr
Message 11 of 12 (10,374 Views)

Hello Dennis,

I am sorry that you are still experiencing an issue. I have decided to escalate this issue and someone else will be contacting you. I will be on the thread so I can assure things are being handled for you.

Thank you,

WEP_Jr

Occasional Advisor
Meadowbrook
Message 12 of 12 (10,351 Views)

thanks for your help

dennis

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.