Re: Deskjet 450 cbi drivers (746 Views)
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 1 of 16 (1,305 Views)

Deskjet 450 cbi drivers

HP deskjet 450 drivers for windows 8

I have a Toshiba with windows 8 64 bit OS. My two portable printers, deskjet 450cbi will not work with windows drivers. HP web page takes me in un-breakable loops and I am not going forward on this issue. Tried driver wizard and it also gave up. Any help please. I have also tried the print and scan doctor and none of these can help and refer me around in loops.

It is one thing to not produce driverts that work but another to make my printer print a row of smilies. This is contempt and is puting one finger in the air to me.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
CAESARIV
Message 2 of 16 (1,276 Views)

Re: Deskjet 450 cbi drivers

I am having the same problem. I  on wasted over 4 hrs trying everything on the not so helpful help page.  I use this printer when I am in the field doing service calls on electronic diesel engines. It has taken a beating and still works great. Upgraded my lap top to windows 8 and it looks like I am going to have to throw down more money to by a new printer.

I was amazed when it actualy loaded onto my machine but it was only false excitement. In looking over alot of different forums it looks like HP is just choosing to ignore the problem.   What happened to customer service for a loyal HP fan?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 3 of 16 (1,268 Views)

If you are desperate and it is possible I found that my printers will print via Infa-Red but text is only from Notepad and not Windows word. Very slow of course and printing picturs via infa-red is painful.

Let us hope someone will write the software soon to correct this fault. Meanwhile I have sent memos to the companies I am involved with instructing them to avoid HP products in future.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 16 (1,248 Views)

Hi,

The printer do compatible with Windows 8, its drivers available via Microsoft Windows Update:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03168175&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4323659&tmp...

Conenct the printer and try using the HP Printer Install Wizard, check if that may work:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

If it fails go to Devices and Printer and click on Add Printer.

Click on The pritner that i want isn't listed.

Select the USB port and click on Next.

Click the Windows Update button, allow some time till the update completes and the printer list is listed again.

Select the Deskjet 450 and follow the steps on screen to complete the wizard.

Shlomi

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 5 of 16 (1,217 Views)

Yes I have tried all these before but just incase have just spent another fustrating hour trying them again. None work but what is interesting is that I believe HP know the drivers do not work and have taken note of comments regarding the smiles. It no longer prints smiles.

Has anyone at HP actualy tested the drivers on the hardware? They do not work

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 6 of 16 (1,204 Views)

Is there any one from HP who knows what to do here. A BBC engineer has tried many different ways to get this printer working and says there are not any drivers for this printer which work with windows 8. He tried again all PCL3 drivers for different printers none worked.

It is misrepresenting of HP to state that there are drivers which support Windows 8 and the Deskjet 450 cbi when clearly no one at HP have tested them else we (their valued customers) would not be having trouble.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 7 of 16 (1,187 Views)

Well I am persistant and still trying but no body is able to solve this problem except HP.

What I have done now is to install one of my printers (deskjet 450cbi) onto a computer running Windows 7 Ultimate and it works perfectly well.

Does this now prove once and for all time that the drivers for this printer on Windows 8 are not compatable?

Is there anyone that can confirm this? The Windows 8 drivers for these printers do not work.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
WEP_Jr
Message 8 of 16 (1,170 Views)

Hello

The HP Support Forum does provide Windows 8 drivers. This can be found at:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=81918

You should be able to select the appropriate 32 bit or 64 bit driver from this site.

Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Thank you,

I work at HP and glad to assist you.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the star). If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 9 of 16 (1,162 Views)

I sincerley hope you keep on this case as what you recommended did not work either. The link you provided takes me to the driver wizard down load. I did this again for about the twentyth time and the results are the same. It finds the correct printer and states the software is not present or incorrectly installed - press next to correct this. I do press next, it searches online and returns the same message ie, loops back to stating the software is not present or installed incorrectly.

In desperation, because one message some time ago from the wizard suggested the computer was not on line when the printer was connected (causing the fault) I reloaded windows 8 again with a formatted hard drive. I then plugged in the printer while definatly on line. Did not work

Why do I have to keep trying the 'Print Wizard' and not able to obtain from HP the drivers direct. Surly this is the most obvious way forward now every thing else has failed, along with every engineer who has attempted to help.

I wait and hope you have an answer.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 10 of 16 (1,149 Views)

As mentioned previously, the printer works on the infared but only from note pad and not microsoft word etc. This is done by dragging documents to the ir printer on desktop which apears when the ir dongle is connected to the laptop.

Today I installed the printer using the infared port instead of the DOT4.001 which the wizard connects it to and can now print using all programs albeit very slow printing picture.

I printed a test page via the infared port - perfect. Via the default port above (DOT4.001) it does not communicate.

It apears that the drivers are ok it is the usb port set up which needs to be addressed. Any help please

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 11 of 16 (1,137 Views)

My delight this morning to see a windows update for HP deskjet 450. Short lived though as it failed to install.

I uninstalled my printer and tried again -  Windows update FAILED to install. This is the only update which has ever failed to install, what is the problem. Tried installing from 'Add Printer' downloaded the list of HP printers via Windows update and installed it. No change the printer will not print from DOT4.001 port. Have tried all others as well. The only port to work is via a infrared dongle and install printer via infrared port.

This must be enough information to correct this issue!!! Please try again

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 12 of 16 (1,104 Views)

Windows Update keeps trying to install an imortant update but has failed over and over again. Is there anything that HP can do, this is just not good enough.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 13 of 16 (1,101 Views)

Not only does windows update have trouble installing the important drivers update for the HP deskjet 450 but update from the device manager as well.

See attachments above and below. Who are you trying to fool HP. Your software does not work on Windows 8

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 14 of 16 (1,032 Views)

Well despite all the viewings I get no answers.

Yes, HP say the drivers work but I can assure them that well qualified engineers have said they do not. I believe now that if HP will look at the port rather than the drivers and stop hiding behind this forum to communicate they may come up with an answer.

My confidence in HP to resolve this problem is so negative that I don't think they have engineers that are compitent enough to do so.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 15 of 16 (905 Views)

Two months have past since I last tried to connect my printer via USB and still I am no further forward. Something is very wrong here as if you are interested look at the windows printer driver for this model, there is now 3 of them and none work.

I still think it is not the driver which is at fault I think it is the set-up taking the printer to the wrong port. The printer works via infared albeit slow and will not print large files.

My boycot of HP products will continue along with this recomendation to companies I am associated with. It is not good enough HP, clearly you have no interest in protecting your reputation.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
newcarrera
Message 16 of 16 (746 Views)

The only answer so far that has worked for this problem is to take a step backwards. I have had Windows 7 installed on some of my computers. My printer works perfect via USB on this outdated operating system. Thank you HP and Microsoft, clearly you do not have the will to fix a simple driver/port problem.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation