Can someone please tell me where to download the firmware for the Business Inkjet 2800 printer?? (277 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ztwentyeight
Message 1 of 2 (277 Views)

Can someone please tell me where to download the firmware for the Business Inkjet 2800 printer??

I have been relentlessly searching for the firmware upgrade for this printer.  I've tried all the links I found on the web such as this one:

ftp://sbdj:fwdownld@hprc.external.hp.com/bij2800/pmr2006a.exe

The login is no good or the file does not exist.  HP's site does not show the actual file but a pdf on how to perform an upgrade.  The link they provide is just PDF files. 

can someone please help me??

Thanks!

HP Pro
sam2111
Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)

Re: Can someone please tell me where to download the firmware for the Business Inkjet 2800 printer??

Hi,

I checked for the firmware file ,but i couldn't find any file online which could be downloaded.

However i found an alternate option which would help to upgrade the firmware of your printer.

Using the Copy/b command in MS-DOS

To upgrade firmware using the Copy/b command in MS-DOS, follow these steps:
  1. Turn off the printer.

2. Connect parallel cable to the printer.

3. Turn on the printer with the Power , Resume , and Select button pressed simultaneously.

4. The LCD screen displays the Flashing mode message AWAITING DATA ON PARALLEL PORT.

5. Type the command in the command prompt:
    • Copy/b <firmware file> lpt1

6. Wait until the LCD front panel returns to the AWAITING DATA ON PARALLEL PORT message. Normally sectors erase and block program messages are displayed during the process.

7. Turn off and then turn on the printer.

Link:      http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/upgradeMigrateDisplay/?sp4ts.oid...

Thanks & Regards

Sampurna

HP Employee

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.