Business Inkjet 2200 E:0461 error (2526 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (2,526 Views)

Business Inkjet 2200 E:0461 error

I am getting an E:0461 error when I try to align the printheads after installing a new yellow printhead. If I cancel before alignment, I can print with no problem. Any help would be appreciated!
Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 4 (2,526 Views)

Re: Business Inkjet 2200 E:0461 error

Have you found a solution to this problem yet. I am getting the same error code on my HP 2250 since spending $150.00 on new print heads that I can't return and no support from HP.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 4 (2,526 Views)

I am getting the exact same issue after the on my 2200 after it telling me I need a new yellow print head !

I put in the new print head and then it told me I need a new yellow ink.. which was new.

I replaced the yellow ink and got the error
during alignment.

Question for anyone else reading have you used HP inks or refills ??
Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (2,526 Views)

Switch the printer on and open the top covers.
Wait until the carriage has moved to the position where the printheads are replaced.
Pull out the power lead.
You should now be able to move the carriage freely by hand i.e. Not locked at the right hand side.

Clean the round silver carriage bar by wrapping a water dampened cloth around it to remove any ink residue.
Wipe the bar with an very lightly oiled cloth.

Be very careful not to disturb the thin plastic strip (encoder) running through the carriage.

If this does not work, then the alignment sensor is probably faulty.
The sensor is only available as part of the carriage.
See link below. Sensor is the black block with the read wire coming from it.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main?sel_flg=picture&model=DJ2200&HP_model=C2688A&modname=DeskJ...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.