9800 Flashing Cartridge Lights (623 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mosleym
Message 1 of 2 (623 Views)

9800 Flashing Cartridge Lights

My printer had successfuly been running correctly on Windows 7. At my last cartridge change it does not appear to recognize the cartridges. It does not try to align and does not print an alignment page. Both of the cartidge lights are flashing, while the power light is steady and the other two lights are out. The Printer Diagnostics does not find anything wrong. I have unplugged both the USB cable and the power cable multiple times, leaving them off for an extended period each time.

I had heard of issues with new, bu tolder cartridges that expire, so I have tried two additional sets of cartridges including a brand new set. At $72 per set this is very expensive.

What can I try and/or what do I need to do?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Fikenhild
Message 2 of 2 (442 Views)

Re: 9800 Flashing Cartridge Lights

I am having the same problem, but my computer is running Windows XP, and my problem is only with the black cartridge.  The color cartridge is working okay.  I have tried rebooting, cleaning the contact points, and re-inserting the ink cartridge numerous times, all to no avail, which is especially frustrating since the old worn-out cartridge was at least recognized by the printer--although when I took it out to replace it, it lost that ability.  When I re-insert it, the printer doesn't recognize it anymore, either.  I can tell I'm not getting connection somewhere but don't know how to fix it.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation