2800 problem turning on (62 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Denis I
Message 1 of 2 (62 Views)

2800 problem turning on

Hello, I'm helping someone fix their printer. The printer is an HP Business Inkjet 2800.

When I press the button to the turn it on, a light glows green for a while (for about a second), but then fades away.

It used to be that if I held the button long enough, it would turn green and fade several times, and eventually I would see the control-display show the HP start-up screen, but then it would die again immediatley afterward.

The first time the printer was installed, it seemed to work fine because the diagnostic print at the end of the installation program was printed fine. I tried reinstalling it, and the drivers installed alright, and everything works fine, until I try to actually print something, and it gives me a message that there was an error and that it could not print.

I believe the problem is electrical, and that there is something defective or damage inside the printer's hardware, and this is preventing the printer from staying on. Does anyone know what I can do?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ray gee
Message 2 of 2 (62 Views)

Re: 2800 problem turning on

hi there,

looks like we're having the same troubles over here.

here is a rundown of about 30 seconds in the (short?) life of a printer: after turning the "business inkjet 2280" on, we're getting two rows of *******.

then it says "initializing" for several seconds, there is about 2 seconds of noise that does not sound uncommon with inkjet printers (the green led blinking in the meantime), a split second of a message that seems to say "attention black ink" - and then the unit shuts down.

there is no way to get any status messages or other information via the menu button, because the printer simply powers off.
since this printer is more than 3 years old and 3 out of 4 ink cartridges are empty (according to the display while initializing), i dunno if any repair would make sense. a colleague of mine claims that inkjet printers are meant to die within 3 years, but i refuse to give up easily.

thus i'd appreciate any ideas and suggestions on this.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation