Re: z6100 will not initialize (148 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Vbasics
Message 1 of 4 (213 Views)

z6100 will not initialize

I have a 60" z61100. non ps. The edge of the paper raised and the head hit it. The screen told me to re-start. I restarted but the printer communicated that it was initializing and then a screen popped up that had this info.

version: GG-GG_10.0.0.3

subsystem: views

subversion: GG-GG_ 10.0.0.3

code: 0x41010001

severity: severe

customer: 79:04

Line: 3437

This printer has restarted before a few times and would not initialize but all we had to do is restart from front again or from back. Sometimes we would have to do this three times and then it would be normal again.

This time I restarted from front, pushed the reset for a restart and turn off from behind and unplugged for 1 hour then restarted but, the above message is what I get each time.

I was standing by the printer when the suction air released and the paper edge came up then the head hit. I immediately stopped the printer.

Valued Contributor
D Hook1
Message 2 of 4 (170 Views)

Re: z6100 will not initialize

Here's a thread that addresses that error and a possible solution to try.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Designjet-Large-Format/Designjet-Z6100-error-code-79-04/td-p/5...

Occasional Advisor
Vbasics
Message 3 of 4 (149 Views)

Which part is the formatter card? on the z6100 non ps.

Occasional Advisor
Vbasics
Message 4 of 4 (148 Views)

I brought up the service menu and ran all the test and option tested ok. I unseated all the ink cartridges and Heads and it did not help.

There are only two actions that are not normal.

1. printer will not initialize correctly. Still stops at menu show earlier.

2. I can not connect to the tcp/ip from printer to computer. I changed cords and it did not help. I adjusted address and no help. I observed the tcp/ip connection on the printer and the light turns green when I plug in the cord but turns red and yellow when I try to start printer.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.