Re: z3100 21:13 error repeats after service station replaced (1304 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mark Timofeev
Message 1 of 3 (1,331 Views)
Accepted Solution

z3100 21:13 error repeats after service station replaced

z3100 21:13 error repeats after service station replaced.

What else cause this error?

Printer seems functioning and run all the test except "capping".

It is part of testing carriage and service station.

After this message it stalls with error 21:13.

Occasional Visitor
Mark Timofeev
Message 2 of 3 (1,318 Views)

Re: z3100 21:13 error repeats after service station replaced

I wasn't completely clear in my claiming. Replaced service station wasn't actually new.

Because of christmas holydays there was delay in replacement shipping and urgency to use DesignJet today.

MY EXPERIENCE in restoring 21:13 error and repairing failed Service Station:

1. There is a lot of ink mass inside. I used roll of paper towel and... tablespoon to remove kilograms of dirty mass.

2. Be careful while washing under water stream all parts.

3. After removing mass of ink paste and accurate washing there is relatively easy access to all parts of service station inside.

4. In my case i found 2 problems:

- Gears were entirely in dirt include wormgear. Maybe dirt flow inside motor. Manually rotating spindle feels viscous, not like it must for stepper motor.

- one of tubes flowing from GE-G head cap was loosen at end and easy disconnected.

Solutions:

- Cut few mm of loosen tube end and reconnect it.

- Motor inside service station is same as in stairwheel lifter. I changed it while installing Maintenance kit #1, and old motor was at hand.

Of course it is emergency solution for urgency. But after this work I convince again with reliability of HP Designjets and lots of useful and excellent machinery inside it. Thanks HP techies for careful engineering.

Another story is HP support that completely impotent to solve problems going beyond user manual.

Mark

Honored Contributor
Greg Gruchacz
Message 3 of 3 (1,304 Views)

Re: z3100 21:13 error repeats after service station replaced

If the problem persists after replacing the Service Station, then you need to replace the PrintMech PCA (Q6675-60018). But I would wait until a know good Service Station is installed before replacing the PrintMech PCA.

Good Luck,

Greg

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.