Re: t2500 loading (274 Views)
Occasional Contributor
jasonbrunick
Message 1 of 8 (485 Views)

t2500 loading

We have a T2500 Emultifunction post script plotter and it unloads the roll of paper 3 or 4 times a day.   Then it takes 3 or 4 tries to reload the paper.   There are no error codes and the firmware says we are up to date with no new updates.  Any ideas?

Honored Contributor
timwj1
Message 2 of 8 (440 Views)

Re: t2500 loading

The only things I know of that would cause the paper to unload is if one of the roll covers gets opened or something in the sheet feed area.  It sounds like a bad switch/sensor and I know some of them have calibrations that can help, but I don't have a service manual on that model to look them up.

You may want to check for debris/packing material near all sensors.

If you feel my reply has assisted you in repairing your printer please press the kudos star icon on the left and mark as problem solved. Thank you!

TJ
Visitor
KurtDahl
Message 3 of 8 (398 Views)

I am having the same problem.  Roll 1 seems to unload for no reason on a daily bases.  Has any one else had this issue or anymore thoughts on how to fix it.  When you say calibrate, do you mean calibrate the sensor? 

Occasional Visitor
eboucher
Message 4 of 8 (377 Views)

I am also haveing the same issue on at least 2 new t2500's.  It sounds like this is a bigger issue then just debris in the paper path.  If it were some kind of debris I'd expect an issue all the time and not just paper unloading.

Honored Contributor
timwj1
Message 5 of 8 (368 Views)

I still think there is a calibration for the sheet sensor, if the machine detects paper in the sheet slot it will back out the roll paper.  There are several sensor calibrations if one knows how to access the service menu.  I have seen the menu once a couple of months ago, but I don't have a service manual that tells how to get into service mode.

If your 2500's are still under the first year warranty you can call HP tech support hotline for free and they will walk you through calibrating that sensor or at least being able to eliminate that from being the potenial cause of this problem.

If you feel my reply has assisted you in repairing your printer please press the kudos star icon on the left and mark as problem solved. Thank you!

TJ
Occasional Visitor
Dkaufman
Message 6 of 8 (306 Views)

We are having the same problem and the service guy is telling us we need to get 3" core paper and purchase adapters. We had not tried that yet.

Valued Contributor
Mikeg81
Message 7 of 8 (274 Views)

Hi,

If you still have the unloading issue try this:

1- Make sure the core of the roll you are using is 2in. If you are using 3in core roll, make sure you are using the 3in core adaptor.

2- Make sure the lock on the Blue hub is locked.

3- Update to the latest firmware

4- Make sure the paper loaded match the selection on the front panel. If you are using Bond, do not select plain paper.

About the calibrations; Yes, there is a calibration that can be performed. On this the best for you is to contact HP Support and they will guide you to do this.

Best regards

Mike G

Advisor
plotterwinkelnl
Message 8 of 8 (249 Views)

Het problee zit in het verkeerde plotterpapier wat je gebruikt. Ik weet nit hoe goed jullie nederlands is maar een overzicht van de plotterpapieren die geschikt zijn vindt je op plotterpapieronline.nl of plotterpapier

Je kunt door de juiste designjet selecteren en dan het juiste plotterpapier. Moet met 2 inch core zijn.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.