Re: hp z3200ps: Firmware file not recognized (218 Views)
Occasional Visitor
j_hu
Message 1 of 3 (227 Views)

hp z3200ps: Firmware file not recognized

Printer:        hp DesignJet z3200ps

Computer:  Mac Pro with OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

Hi there!

I'd like to update the firmware of my z3200ps.

I downloaded the respective dmg (TR12-RB_12_00_00-3_mvl40-x86-opt_B.dmg) from the support website and mounted it. However, I could not select the firmware file (TR12-RB_12_00_00-3_mvl40-x86-opt_B.fmw) from this image in the file-select dialog (printer web interface >> firmware update) for upload as it was shown grayed-out.

What do I have to do with the .fmw file so that it will be regocnized?

Thanks a lot for any insight!

Best regards, Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all reading this :-)

Jürgen

(Germany)

Honored Contributor
Greg Gruchacz
Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

Re: hp z3200ps: Firmware file not recognized

A couple of questions for you. What is your current firmware version? If you already have this version of firmware, the upload box will be grayed out. And do you have the latest printer driver installed?

Let us know and we might be able to help you better.

Good Luck,

Greg

Occasional Visitor
j_hu
Message 3 of 3 (191 Views)

Re: hp z3200ps: Firmware file not recognized >> Solved

Hi Greg!

Thanks for your reply. I had something with 9.0.0… and wanted to update to something with 12.0.0…

I guess I never updated the firmware since I got the printer back in 2009 …

I had made a clean install of Mountain Lion (OS 10.8) on a brand new SSD and migrated most of the important stuff from my previous system HDD to the new SDD using Apple's migration assistent. However, somehow the HP printer driver got lost on this way … So I decided to install all the HP stuff (PS driver, HP Utility, Profiles) new and at the same time update the firmware. That was when I encountered the problem with installing the new firmware via the printer's web interface.

But I circumvented it by installing the HP Utility first and initiating the firmware update from within HP Utility.

The firmware file was not grayed out here and everything worked smoothly.

Now I'm still fighting some clogged nozzles on the MK print head, but as soon as I've solved that everything should be fine again.

Thanks again and best regards,

Jürgen

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.