hp dj 1050c "paper loaded incorrectly, remove paper" (1453 Views)
Advisor
alex simkhovich
Message 1 of 10 (1,453 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp dj 1050c "paper loaded incorrectly, remove paper"

this problem just started with no reason, does all paper load fine, and at the end stops with this msg. sometime its loading ok and starts printing but stops with msg "switch power off, check printhead path (1), could be line sensor?
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 2 of 10 (1,453 Views)

Re: hp dj 1050c "paper loaded incorrectly, remove paper"

We are talking about 2 different issue but they could be related. The check printhead path (1) area is a carriage path shutdown due to to much energy needed to move the carriage. Issue could be as simple as lubing the rails with synethic oil. With the power off you need to move the carriage assembly back and forth using the belt to see if there is smooth movement and it is not hard to move. If hard to move try lubing the rails. If when moving the carriage with the belt you get a bumping type action, that would be an indication that the belt has worn badly and particles of it have adhered to the motor shaft and the belt will need to be replaced. The other item would be to clean the encoder strip that runs thru the back of the carriage assembly as sometimes ink or other dirt get on it right where the carriage enters the service station on the right. Once you have the movement of the carriage resolved the paper loading issue my also be resolved but if not they try cleaning the sensor opening on the right side of the carriage assembly.
Advisor
alex simkhovich
Message 3 of 10 (1,453 Views)

i did all of those belt, strip, lube. did not help, carridge comes with the sensor, i dont think i can get sensor by itself
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 4 of 10 (1,453 Views)

Alexander please be more specific what you did. Did you replace the belt or just lub the rail. If you replaced the belt did you use the carriage height tool to make sure the carriage is the correct height. Also since you were not specific in your first post is it possible the paper is what is causing the path error where it is bubling up and the carriage slams into it. In other words when the paper does not load right or you get the message is the right side of the paper messed up with crease, tears or folds. Most times the sensor is ok as the printer will not come to ready if the sensor can not find the mark encoder or the ends of the platen. You need to provide more specific information if you want constructive help. Remove the center cover and put some rolled up paper in the cover open switch on the top right side and then observe what happens when initializing and/or when trying to load media. Also are you using roll media or sheets. If roll media it is possible you have an issue with the backfeed clutch on the left side which control the overdrive assembly. Have seen many of this model where the clutch breaks and then paper will not load right.
Advisor
alex simkhovich
Message 5 of 10 (1,453 Views)

David, no work was done to the plotter before, customer using paper roll, lubed, checked the belt, cleaned the strip, paper path is clean, carriage moves fine, paper loads fine but after its check the right paper edge several times and rolls the paper back and forth when checking for paper to be aligned then rolls off with the msg "paper loaded incorrectly remove paper" . Sometime its loading fine gets ready and start printing but in the middle of the print stops with msg "switch power off, check printhead path (1) You gave a good idea to check the roll by itself (tension, paper movement).
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 6 of 10 (1,453 Views)

Couple of items to check. First make sure the right hand media roller is not broken. Have seen a couple where the plastic piece the roll rest against on the right side breaks so the paper has a tendency to skew to the right. I am talking about the right hand piece of the roll spindle. Another thing you can try to to load just a sheet of paper by rmeoving the rolled paper in the cover open switch, laying down a piece of letter paper positioned with the blue lines on the right and top and then putting the rolled paper back in the switch. Now watch as it loads the paper as you should be able to watch as the sheet feeds to see if it stays straight or skews. If the paper goes in straight then the next item would be to perform a line sensor calibration but first check inside the line sensor on the right side next to the cleaners in the retangle hole to make sure a piece of paper has not gotten in as that will effect paper loading. As I mentioned you may be having more than 1 problem. If when you get the check paper path error is the carriage assemblys stopped in the same location like just before going into the left hand cover. If so it is possible the tube assembly has bowed out and is causing movement issues.
Advisor
alex simkhovich
Message 7 of 10 (1,453 Views)

i will be there by the end of this week and will go thru all your points and for sure will let you know whats going on. thanks for your time, talk to you later in the week
Frequent Advisor
AdaoZ
Message 8 of 10 (1,453 Views)

I had the same problem months ago. But when I lubed the tube assembly, it never had the msg:"switch power off, check printhead path (1).
But now, my 1055 still has the msg: "paper loaded incorrectly, remove paper" . It is ok to load the roll paper, and prints very well. But when I shut it off and power on again, it gives me "paper loaded incorrectly, remove paper" . I have to load the paer again, and everything is OK. Another 1055 never has this problem. What's the problem with the first 1055?
Advisor
jwolkonocki
Message 9 of 10 (1,453 Views)

The other issue to look at with check printhead path problem is check the tube assembly. The tubes weaken from bending so much and put extra pressure on the carriage and motor. You can check by taking the top cover off and moving the carriage to the left, inside the left cover and moving it quickly to the right across the opening. If you watch the bend in the tubes by the carriage, it can really push against the rail rather then ride along the rail.
I believe the paper load issue is handled by a newer firmware that is no longer availiably from HP.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 10 of 10 (1,453 Views)

Adazo,

Please start your own thread. Gets confusing when someone jumps in on someone else thread that is still active so it is best if you post your question as a new thread and I will attempt to answer it there.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.