deskjet 130 "This document failed to print" error (171 Views)
Occasional Visitor
William Costa
Message 1 of 3 (171 Views)

deskjet 130 "This document failed to print" error

the 130 was working fine then i start getting "out of paper" errors and I changed to all different size paper and still go the error message. I reinstalled the driver and told it to repair the existing driver. After the installation I start getting the "This document failed to print" error. I exchanged the printer cable with another printer and the other printer works fine. All the events reported are when I use "print a test page". Applications will give me the same message. Windows XP, 2.8G Processor, 1G Ram, 250 G HD about half full.
Honored Contributor
Carl Hennig
Message 2 of 3 (171 Views)

Re: deskjet 130 "This document failed to print" error

The "This document failed to print" error is from the driver and is quite generic.

The more important error is the "out of paper"

There is a sensor on the DJ130 named OOPS. Out of paper sensor. If this sensor is defective or dirty, you will have paper errors.

You can see where this sensor is from this drawing.
http://www.everprint.com/online/partsdetail.aspx?imageID=222&ON=3
Honored Contributor
Carl Hennig
Message 3 of 3 (171 Views)

Re: deskjet 130 "This document failed to print" error

I assume you mean DesignJet 130. If so,

The "This document failed to print" error is from the driver and is quite generic.

The more important error is the "out of paper"

There is a sensor on the DJ130 named OOPS. Out of paper sensor. If this sensor is defective or dirty, you will have paper errors.

You can see where this sensor is from this drawing.
http://www.everprint.com/online/partsdetail.aspx?imageID=222&ON=3
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.