designjet 455ca drivers (3959 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kirt
Message 1 of 7 (3,959 Views)

designjet 455ca drivers

I acquired a 455ca (36) designjet, Where can I find drivers for XP, vista, or windows 7?  The plotter is in excellent condition and I just replaced the drive belt.  It appears to be ready to work but I cannot connect it to any of our computers.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 7 (3,948 Views)

Re: designjet 455ca drivers

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
casella
Message 3 of 7 (3,880 Views)

[ Edited ]

Post edited as links to 3rd party sites where customers are asked to pay for drivers are not allowed

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Bob Headrick
Message 4 of 7 (3,870 Views)

[ Edited ]

The 64 bit version of the XP driver is available here.  It should work fine on 64 bit versions of XP, Vista and Windows 7.   Unzip the file to a temporary directory, then go to Add Printer and select "Have a disk", then point to the directory where you unzipped the driver.

For 32 bit systems download the XP driver here.  This should work for 32 bit version of Vista and Windows 7 as well.

{-- If this helped click the Kudos star.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
RVExcavation
Message 5 of 7 (3,178 Views)

I have a hp designjet 455ca.  I am in need of the print drivers.  I am running Vista 32 bit.  I have tried the posted links that are listed and they do not work.  Does anyone know where I can go to get these drivers.  HP basically told me I have a very expensive boat anchor :(  Any help would greatly be appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 7 (3,173 Views)

How is the plotter connected?  These days most computers do not have parallel port so people us a usb to parallel adapter and most times the adapter is the issue and not the drivers.

Please use plain text.
JohnBell
Message 7 of 7 (19 Views)

Thanks for the lead to the DesignJet 455CA (D) driver for 64 bit windows 7 system. I downloaded and installed the pl532en driver that is supposed to work with 64 bit windows 7. It seemed everything went fine with the install until the test page submission, which resulted in a error msg from the printer. The msg states "A print job in the print queue is preventing other print jobs from printing." It automatically 'fixed' the error. However, when I submit an another item for printing it does the same thing. How can I get beyond this? I loaded the driver vor the 455 CA version D 24 inch printer.  The attached  'details' log shows this as the only problem. Hope someone knows what to do! I's sure appreciate a solution to this . Thanks,

John

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation