Re: designjet 130 print problems (98 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mark Pummell
Message 1 of 5 (689 Views)
Accepted Solution

designjet 130 print problems

I have been having trouble getting a good print out of my designjet 130. The first 8x10 comes out good then the next starts off good then turns an overall green. I have found if I turn the printer off for a couple hours I can get one good 8x10 then the next is bad again. I have change all the ink cartridges. I have also had trouble opening the printer utility. I have downloaded the latest version but it still does not open. I have attached a sample image that prints green.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tom Loo
Message 2 of 5 (689 Views)

Re: designjet 130 print problems

Hi Mark,
I have the Designjet 30,and have experienced this problem before.You have a print head about to fail.I suggest that next time this problem manifests itself,launch the HP Designjet Maintenance Utility and run the print quality and troubleshooting routines.If i remember correctly from my past experience, your Magenta print head is on its way out.Hope this note helps.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Carl Hennig
Message 3 of 5 (689 Views)

You are describing classic gradual print head failure.

Put some decent paper in the tray.
Start System Maintenance
Print the Image Quality diagnostic print at least four times as fast as SM will permit.
Look at the last sheet printed and read this page on how to interpret the test.

Understanding Image Quality Diagnostic Prints
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c00044783
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sico
Message 4 of 5 (111 Views)

System maintenance does not seem to exist (or to work) on my Mac... is there a file I can download somewhere and print in order to get the printing test done? Or... is there an instruction on how to create such a file on my own (i.e. CMYK values for color fields etc.)?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Kebashow
Message 5 of 5 (98 Views)

Been combing the internet for mac support for the HP Designjet system maintenance but no avail….
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation