designjet 110plus keeps printing test page (1653 Views)
Occasional Visitor
poweron
Message 1 of 5 (1,653 Views)

designjet 110plus keeps printing test page

Hi,

Every time I start up my printer it prints out the printhead alignment test pages, any ideas how to stop this ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (1,639 Views)

Re: designjet 110plus keeps printing test page

This has been discussed many times.  The reason is one or more of your printheads has an issue and the printer tries 3 times to get a good alignment.  You will notice that each page has an X in the right side and the line with the X is gnerally the line that contains the bad printhead(s).  Just look at the sheet and you can tell which printhead has an issue.  To stop it from printing the 3 sheets just hit the cancel button when it starts to print the first page.  It will eject the first page and come to ready.  When you replace the bad printhead(s) you will get a check mark in the right lower corner and the unit will no longer perform the alignment until you replace a printhead.  You can keep the printer on all the time and it will not print out those sheets once you hit the cancel button with the first one.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
poweron
Message 3 of 5 (1,635 Views)

Thanks for the quick response,

I have cheched it out and the printout does indeed have an X at the yellow, however the latest develpoment is that while the printout identifies the yellow printhead as having a problem, the screen on the printer has the magenta printhead flashing any ideas ?

I must add, I have only recently replaced the printheads.

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 5 (1,619 Views)

Reseat the magenta printhead or even clean the contacts at the back of the carriage assembly that mate with the contacts on the printhead.  If it still flahes it could be bad.  As to the yellow I wish you luck. This series has had issue with the yellow tubes getting clogged and the yellow stops working.  Most people who use the plotter lightly just replace the head when the yellow stops working.  You could try dipping the yellow printhead into a cup of hot water (coffee temp) for about 2 minutes and then blotting and see what happens.  Good Luck.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
poweron
Message 5 of 5 (1,607 Views)

Thanks again fo the speedy reply,

I have replaced the magenta printhead and the flashing indicator has stopped, will be returning the original to the supplier its relatively new.

The issue with the yellow printhead, is this to do with the printer or the printhead type(11) as the dotted part on all the test pages are ok, but at the bottom of the page where the X is, it shows the definition improving by the last test page. I have just replaced the yellow ink cartridge as it was running low, could this have had any bearing ? 

Again thanks for taking the time

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation