Re: cant find printer after installing wirelss Adapter Windows XP (222 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ChrisJArch
Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)

cant find printer after installing wirelss Adapter Windows XP

HP designjet 110plus nr

My plotter worked fine while plugged into my network router which was connected via a cable (running down the stairs) to my BT Homehub. To get rid of the cable running down the stairs I have installed a usb wireless adapter for my internet connection. Now it cant find the plotter. Even if I plug the plotter directly into the LAN socket on the back of PC the system will not find the plotter.

I use widows XP ....... any ideas anyone?

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 3 (230 Views)

Re: can't find printer after installing wireless Adapter Windows XP

[ Edited ]

>Even if I plug the plotter directly into the LAN socket on the back of PC

You might need a crossover cable to do that.

Honored Contributor
Greg Gruchacz
Message 3 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: cant find printer after installing wirelss Adapter Windows XP

You need to make sure that the wireless usb adapter is setup on the same network that the printer and the PC are on, i.e., are the network addresses on the same subnet. Where is the usb adapter connected? To the printer or to the Internet Router? You must have wireless capability on both ends of the link and they must be in the same subnet in order for this type of network to operate properly. If the wireless adapter is connected to the printer, then you need to change the IP address of the printer to match the IP port address on the PC.  And yes, if you connect the PC directly to the printer you would need a network crossover cable. If you could give us the IP addresses of the PC, the wireless adapter and the printer we might be able to give you some guidance.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.