06-20-2014 05:57 AM
T770 44" hangs at 58%. I saw one other post for this. the solution appeared to be to "reseat" the formatter. Also, for the same post I saw the recommendation to pull ink and printheads and restart plotter and add one at a time to see whether one might be causing the problem.
I plan to:
1. clean formatter contacts and reseat the formatter later today and see what happens.
2. update firmware, if I can.
3. replace the hard drive if I have to--I'm not going to show up with a new hard drive today.
4. before hard drive replacement I may try to reset the EEROM--I don't even know if it's possible for this to rectify the problem.
Just my real quick thoughts, not sure I've thought through real well, heading to location this afternoon.
Thanks for any input.
06-20-2014 07:45 AM
I would check out page 55 and 56 in the service manual that is in regards to the LED's on the formatter card, which ones are lit, not lit, or flashing may help pinpoint you in the right direction.
06-24-2014 06:45 PM
06-25-2014 06:51 AM
Thanks for posting the fix, I will file this one away for later reference.
06-26-2014 06:54 AM
06-26-2014 07:03 AM
Can you browse to its embedded web browser or ping it? I hope it is just needing the connectivity info to be reprogrammed.
06-26-2014 07:34 AM
06-26-2014 09:25 AM
I'm not sure where all that information is stored in HPs but I would think it would be on the formatter card. I've never had to replace a main PCA in that model before so I'm not sure if there are any steps you'd need to take regarding connectivity. I definitely would run it through its connectivity tests once you are in front of the plotter.
06-26-2014 08:50 PM
06-27-2014 03:02 AM
07-01-2014 02:46 PM
I just replaced the service station (primer motor error 21.1:03) on the T770, and I STILL GET 21.1:03 error. I'm bewildered. All connections seem fine. ....BTW, connectivity was fine.
An interesting thing: I can shutdown, pull ink, start up, install ink, then I can get to the point of printing 1 drawing. It will print that drawing then throw up the 21.1:03 error again.
07-02-2014 07:22 AM
I'm afraid you have a unique problem that I doubt anyone has experienced before. I would tend to agree that there is nothing wrong with the service station, unless a wire is pinched somewhere.
This sounds to me like a miscommunication problem between the main pca and the service station. I just checked to see if there are any calibrations for the service station that the new pca needs but other than the drop detector I couldn't see anything else.
I certainly would question the pca, was it new or pulled out of a used machine?
07-02-2014 07:57 AM
Well, maybe someone has experienced it before. I checked continuity of all 8 wires from main pca plugs to service station plugs; they were continuous as best I could check. But dang that doesn't mean there isn't a short; forgot bout that. could be a short; should've checked between wires and wires to ground....
It's a new (supposedly) main pca (and again I feel stupid buying a stand-alone pca. But was on phone, and the guy had it, so bought it. Now I have it in tandem with a 4 year old PSU--not smart.).
Here's what I'm gonna do because I don't want to take forever:
1. Check for short. If short, guess I need to replace the wiring or electrical tape the short.
2. Get main pca/psu checked out in another machine in another tech's shop--see if it throws up 21.1:03 on his machine.
3. Get RMA for the new service station, although I don't know that it's really bad. Could be bad but probably not in light of the old one just being 2 years old. (If the service station isn't truly bad, then I think I would have cause to return the main pca, but I don't have time for all that. Think I've got to replace both simultaneously to get this done and over with.)
Thanks a heap!
07-15-2014 11:44 AM - edited 07-16-2014 05:31 AM
Hi, any more ideas on this from anyone?: So far I keep getting system error 21.1:03. I haven't been back to customer yet, for a couple weeks--waiting for pca boards to be checked out and for a replacement service station SS (it's there now) and harness cables to arrive.
Can anyone think of a cause for 21.1:03 besides a bad service station, bad main pca, bad wiring? I've heard, but kind of through reading between the lines that this could possibly be caused by:
1. A misaligned carriage belt pulley on the L side as face plotter; I plan to check this alignment. maybe possibly
2. A dirty or damaged encoder strip; I plan to clean the encoder strip. or maybe even
3. A problematic cutter....; I'll look at the cutter and make sure it's not obstructing the SS path, possibly????
Beyond this I'm not sure.
So far again? I've:
1. Replaced the main pca, originally due to a 58% hang. This resolved the hang but almost immediately got the 21.1:03 error. Customer said had not seen this error before. I sent the main pca out to be tested in a test unit at Letech Solutions. It checked out fine. BTW, Also the PSU and formatter board tested fine. Supposedly Couldn't test the hard drive due to it being "used" hardware, so therefore to not be installed in another plotter. But Letech said that a hard drive would not cause such error.
2. Replaced the service station (the ultimate step to cure 21.1:03). But again got 21.1:03. I thought, and after talking to the main pca reseller, that perhaps I got a DOA service station. The replacement new SS is there awaiting installation.
3. I checked out the wiring but admittedly failed to thoroughly trace the wiring on the main pca side (L side) of the unit. I've heard there could be a nick in or scrape on the wiring on that end causing a fault, short or whatever. I need to check this out more thoroughly. Last time I only checked continuity in the applicable 8? wires to the SS. All were continuous. But I didn't check any shorts to ground or between wires. I failed there. At the time, I didn't consider the wiring a serious contender to cause the problem error. All plugs seemed well seated; nothing stood out to me with the wiring so far as shorts, bare wires, etc. I have harness cables ordered just in case--it may not be needed; I don't want to have to make an additional trip.
If these items don't work, I'm out of ideas right now.
Any insight, advice is welcomed.
08-12-2014 09:24 PM
I'm sending the board back; hopefully he gives me full refund for DOA board.
Lesson learned: I should not have bought a separate main pca which normally comes from the factory in an emod--main pca & power supply unit. I asked whether it was "new"; I was told "yes". I suspect the board was pulled from a bad emod and resold or repair was attempted unsuccessfully and was then resold or.... My mistake.