Remove the Hard Drive out of our HP DesignJet T1300 44" plotter and will it still function properly? (171 Views)
Occasional Contributor
djetnoob
Message 1 of 2 (171 Views)

Remove the Hard Drive out of our HP DesignJet T1300 44" plotter and will it still function properly?

Hi there,

I have a requirement to remove the Hard Drive out of our HP DesignJet T1300 44" plotter.

Several questions:

1. Can the hard be removed and if so will the printer function properly without a hard drive installed?

2. If the hard drive can be removed and the printer will function properly.  Are their any specific settings I have to do to allow the printer to function without a hard drive?

3.   I understand that this printer has secure erase feature but the requirement does not allow for the printer to retain any information and an installed hard drive will not pass an audit.

Thank you for your response.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: Remove the Hard Drive out of our HP DesignJet T1300 44" plotter and will it still function

The hard drive contains the operating system so the printer will not function without the hard disk. The drive is contained on the formatter card.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.