PRINT HEAD ERROR ON DESIGNJET 500 (7399 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Edwin Ogboghodo
Message 1 of 11 (7,399 Views)

PRINT HEAD ERROR ON DESIGNJET 500

hp designjet 500 repeatedly rejects magenta print head after I replaced carriage belt and trailing cable. It says relace print haed indicatyed by flashing. I have also changed carriage assy, error persists.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 11 (7,399 Views)

Re: PRINT HEAD ERROR ON DESIGNJET 500

Did you replace the printhead with a new one since I do not see that listed. Also look at the date on the printhead as sometimes earlier firmware versions have problems with later date printheads. If still an issue I would think you have emod issues.
Occasional Advisor
Edwin Ogboghodo
Message 3 of 11 (7,399 Views)

i have replaced the magenta print head twice and the error is still there. I notice that the error ( replace magenta printhead flashing X) even when the print head is not installed. Now you would expect a flashing rectangle on missing print head.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 11 (7,399 Views)

If you indeed replaced all the items you say you replaced with new parts or known good parts, then the emod is the only thing left.
Occasional Advisor
Edwin Ogboghodo
Message 5 of 11 (7,399 Views)

Thanks for your assistance.I did'nt know the electronic module can cause this kind of fault. Howver, I dont have one readily available. Before I place order, I want to know if there is diagnostic tests to know the status of the emod. Otherwise I will order for a new one.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 11 (7,399 Views)

Edwin I just noticed that you said this occured after replacing the carriage assembly and trailing cable. Did it occur before you replaced these items. If not or you are not sure it is possible either the carriage assembly or trailing cable has an issue.
Occasional Advisor
Edwin Ogboghodo
Message 7 of 11 (7,399 Views)

Thanks pal. The problem has been resolveed by reconnecting and reseating the trailing cable connectors J1 & J2 to the emod(I did this two times) and the printer now initialises to a state where it indicates a Yellow print head warning (worn out) message. However the printer prints.
Occasional Visitor
printerup
Message 8 of 11 (7,243 Views)

That is great I am happy for you that you resolved the error but, I am having the same problem it rejects the yellow printhead and marks it with worn out .  It will not finish a printhead alignment   I have replaced the yellow printhead but the plotter still thinks it is worn out.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I think it may be related to the firmware?  Thanks

Occasional Visitor
Mastermans
Message 9 of 11 (4,879 Views)

I seem to be having the same issue with rejected replacement black printheads. I have used 2 new previously unopened printheads and replaced them but message still reads replace black printhead. Any ideas?

Occasional Visitor
wanderson2
Message 10 of 11 (4,847 Views)

I just repalced the spittoon and cleaned out the paper debris.  Now, i am getting a 'Repalce the Magenta Printhead" error.

The system will not even try to do a printhead alignment.  I find it hard to believe the printhead failed just because I vacuumed out the paper dust and debris.

Occasional Visitor
archibon_
Message 11 of 11 (3,570 Views)

ERROR ON DESIGNJET 500

Hi, i have a plotter hp 500 dj power that does not make its diagnosis but immediately stops, and the display shows the design of the plotter with an x flashing on the right side of the drawing (where there is the display) and the LED blinks. You can not even turn it off from the frets.It does not move a motor.

Has anyone had the same problem? Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.