Oversize A2 Paper Size value(string) for HP Designjet 500 Plus 24 (Paper Roll). (211 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mihail112
Message 1 of 1 (211 Views)

Oversize A2 Paper Size value(string) for HP Designjet 500 Plus 24 (Paper Roll).

Greetings.

I am working at constructor’s bureau. Recently we decided to automate drawing printing from SolidWorks program (it’s a CAD software). I have written a code. SolidWorks API allows to choose for printing such settings as paper tray, scale, color, orientation and paper size. I am having an issue with the last option. Paper size gets set by passing value (string). Here are some of them: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd319099(v=vs.85).aspx. I can get the needed value by “Recording macro” and selecting the size I need in SolidWorks

Such paper sizes as A4, ISO A4, Oversize A4 have different numbers. Same goes for A3, A2 and etc. In addition, the values are not universal. They can alter depending on printer.

We have 5 printers for various paper sizes (from A0 to A4) and I set correct value for 4 of them, but I have a trouble with – “HP Designjet 500 Plus 24”. This printer can print both A1 and A2. I managed to make A1 printing work (I just pass value 621 that means “Overize A1”, without changing paper tray), as for A2 the value must be 620 that is "Oversize A2", but it does not work. Only part of the drawing gets printed and it gets placed somewhere in the middle. I guess it just prints according to printer default settings. Maybe the value is not 620? If it is so, can you tell me the real one?

I can try to change default settings to match the A2 printing. However, the printer itself is a network printer. So changing some settings there might get someone in the office angry. So getting the right values is a perfect solution.

I am slowly getting desperate, because all printers work perfectly, except for one. Which makes the code unusable. I can post the code, but it will not help much, because I only need to set one or two values correctly.

One more thing, we are using roll of paper, so maybe I have to also set the paper tray, even if it is still the same as for A1?

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation