Re: Move Z3100 from Win XP to Vista 64-HP Printer Ut. vs Easy Printer Care (240 Views)
Occasional Visitor
acgarcia
Message 1 of 3 (240 Views)
Accepted Solution

Move Z3100 from Win XP to Vista 64-HP Printer Ut. vs Easy Printer Care

I am moving from Win XP to Vista 64. I have installed HP Printer Utility and everything is working fine. Do I also need to install HP Easy Printer Care?
Does Easy Printer Care do anything that Printer Utility can not do?
Thanks,
Angel
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
menor
Message 2 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Move Z3100 from Win XP to Vista 64-HP Printer Ut. vs Easy Printer Care

HP Printer Utility is the new tool to manage HP DesignJet printers (including your Z3100).
Unless you want to manage other HP printers (as LaserJets, DeskJets, etc) you don't need to install anything else.
In fact, Printer Utility can do more than Easy Printer Care regarding HP DesignJet's support by providing specific content such as Color Calibration and Custom Paper Management.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Calley
Message 3 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Move Z3100 from Win XP to Vista 64-HP Printer Ut. vs Easy Printer Care

I also tried to move to Vista 64. After countless hours of loading new drivers, updating firmware I still get a 61.01 error, unsupported file format. It is probably something simple, but, I have logged 10 hours looking for the solution on this site.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation