L26500 DOUBLE-SIDED PRINTING (7169 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Daven1963
Message 1 of 6 (7,169 Views)
Accepted Solution

L26500 DOUBLE-SIDED PRINTING

Hi,

This is my first post, having recently joined the forum, so apologies if this has been answered before.

I have just tried the double-sided print option on my Designjet L26500 and have dismally failed!

I printed the first side ok, including the black second side registration bar but when I came to do the second side, I first had a real issue getting the press to locate the bar, to the point that I actually gave up and just tried to print the second side to 'see what happened', after manually placing the bar.

The rip seemed to have automatically created a file for the second side so I ran that but, although the printer was running and moving as it should, no print was actually being applied to the material!

I have checked that I followed all instructions in the manual so cannot understand,

1/ Why the press could not locate the reg bar.

2/ Why the second side did not print to the material at all.

Any advice or pointers would be very much appreciated ...... confused.com

Esteemed Contributor
Milo E
Message 2 of 6 (7,152 Views)

Re: L26500 DOUBLE-SIDED PRINTING

Hello.

Yes, it can be difficult to print two sided. Easiest is to print out one side to the 3" Take Up Reel (TUR), then you can move the roll from the TUR to the media feed. This will create correct back tension when feeding and locating black stripe etc.

If you think my answer helped you, please assign points to me
Valued Contributor
Ahmed Samy (Nagada)
Message 3 of 6 (7,148 Views)

This video is helpful too. Any way it's not as easy at it seems, you have to master it.
Valued Contributor
Ahmed Samy (Nagada)
Message 4 of 6 (7,147 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Daven1963
Message 5 of 6 (7,134 Views)

wooohooo, double-sided success, thank you for the advice.

Have encountered one issue, however, that as first side prints the second side is being 'marked' by the platen and hence 'ghost' lines appear on the second side when printed. These are being caused by the small pointy nodules (for what of a better name) that are across the platen 2cm apart. I assume the material is 'scrapping' on these as it goes thru, although they do not effect the first printed side when that goes through.

(Obviously not an issue on single-sided work.)

While I am looking at how to stop this, is it likely to be a vacuun issue or simply the material is not suitable for double-sided?

I am using HP photopaper.

Many thanks again for the help.

dave

Occasional Contributor
Daven1963
Message 6 of 6 (7,126 Views)

Sorry update to my previous mail ...'as first side prints the second side is being 'marked' by the platen' .... it is actually the first side showing the 'ghosting' lines as it goes thru the second time, obviously the platen marking that printed side. The material is also being marked as it goes thru the first time but the second side print covers these 'ghost lines'.

Is it vacuum/material or somthing else?

Any guidance much appreciated

dave

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.