Is the postscript upgrade required for my Z6200 to correctly print PDF files? (450 Views)
Occasional Advisor
bwhitesell
Message 1 of 3 (450 Views)

Is the postscript upgrade required for my Z6200 to correctly print PDF files?

I have used HP large format plotters with my ESRI (ArcGIS) software for many years and never had the need for a Postscript module (upgrade) with most of those plotters.  I've had a Z6200 60 inch plotter for about 6-8 months and am finding many issues when trying to plot oversize E (34 X 44) plots from Adobe PDF format, especially directly from Adobe Acrobat Pro 10.  I've read a few things that lead me to believe that the postscript upgrade (HP Part CQ745A) may actually be required to process PDF as well as postscript format files. 

I find it nearly impossible to search HP's websites and find useful information.  I don't want to spend several thousand dollars for an "upgrade" if it won't help.  Can anyone on this forum enlighten me about plotting PDF files?

Valued Contributor
Ahmed Samy (Nagada)
Message 2 of 3 (446 Views)

Re: Is the postscript upgrade required for my Z6200 to correctly print PDF files?

I don't think that PS upgrade is necessary to to print PDF files but I'm not sure. What I'm sure of is that a software rip will be much more better alternative to print large size files.
Valued Contributor
Ahmed Samy (Nagada)
Message 3 of 3 (445 Views)

Re: Is the postscript upgrade required for my Z6200 to correctly print PDF files?

Don't invest in PS upgrade.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.