Re: Hp T2300 and automatic rotation (408 Views)
Occasional Advisor
ferrarese enrico
Message 1 of 6 (843 Views)

Hp T2300 and automatic rotation

After the recently update of firmware and driver the option "automatic rotation" Doesn't work anymore.

Once I use this option together with the "nesting" option and it did work very well for me.

I've tried several times to check/unchek the option, I've even tried tu reinstall drivers but it doesn't work anyway

Honored Contributor
timwj1
Message 2 of 6 (825 Views)

Re: Hp T2300 and automatic rotation

[ Edited ]

In printing preferences, click on the features tab and click on rotate by 90 degrees or auto-rotate.  I've found the settings in the features tab work better than the auto rotate on the main screen

If you feel my reply has assisted you in repairing your printer please press the kudos star icon on the left and mark as problem solved. Thank you!

TJ
Occasional Advisor
ferrarese enrico
Message 3 of 6 (813 Views)

For me it's really useful that the rotation would be automatic. So if I'm printing a lot of files it is the printer that decide wich is the better rotation for saving paper. It's not practical to set for every print the orientation of the file.

Anyway I just really don't know why this option doesn't work anymore

Respected Contributor
gringod
Message 4 of 6 (747 Views)

Hi

Try making the paper size in your driver bigger than the actual roll ie: if you are using A0  set paper in drivers to A0 oversize  or set to 44 inch roll.

When rotating an A1 to fit landscape it add a few millimeters around the border, so when it calculates if it will fit claculates incorrectly and does not rotate.

Occasional Visitor
IT_Technician01
Message 5 of 6 (532 Views)

I had this same issue also printing PDFS through Adobe Reader.  What worked for me was changing the print settings in Adobe to "Fit"  and also selecting "Chose paper source by PDF size."   Hope this helps.

Occasional Visitor
hpt2300
Message 6 of 6 (408 Views)

I called in HP, they ask me to pay $50 to resolve my issue because my product is out of warranty! come on, this is HP firmware update problem. For my case, it always prints on 36X24 when I use my USB, which is what I want. Whenever I use online feature (email), they print 24X36. My paper length is 36" long, so it wastes 1' of it.

Please help if anyone has resolved this issue.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.