Re: HP designjet Z2100 won't print anymore from Adobe CS3 (287 Views)
Occasional Visitor
cella105
Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

HP designjet Z2100 won't print anymore from Adobe CS3

My printer and pc64 were working wonderfully but due to a tragedy it was unused for a year. When I turned things on, there were 56 updates from Windows and now the printer doesn't get the file from Adobe CS3 to print. The print preview window just keeps loading without a picture ever showing up. The printer won't print if I bypass the print preview and try to print directly from Adobe. I updated the drivers and firmware fine. The image file shows up as a document to print in the printer but it still won't print. I have no error messages. Can someone help me out?

Honored Contributor
Greg Gruchacz
Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)

Re: HP designjet Z2100 won't print anymore from Adobe CS3

I would try opening the Print Queue on the printer to see if there are any print jobs stuck in the queue. If there are any print jobs, try deleting them and then restart the PC. If the printer still won't print, once again delete any print jobs in the queue and in the Run or Search box type Services.msc and then scroll down to the Print Spooler service and restart the service. Once again reboot the PC and try printing again. This often will clear printing problems that occur after a PC and printer have been sitting a long time and may have had unresolved print jobs.

Good Luck,

Greg

Occasional Visitor
cella105
Message 3 of 3 (244 Views)

Re: HP designjet Z2100 won't print anymore from Adobe CS3

It's been a while but here we go again. There were in fact a couple of files stuck in the print queue, thanks Greg. I deleted them, shut everything down and rebooted the PC.  I tried to print again but it didn't work. The print got stuck in the print queue again.Now the HP Preview is not working!  I  cleared the print queue again,  replugged all connections, rebooted both the PC and the printer. I don't know what else to do.To match the upgrades, I was advised to also upgrade the firmware for the printer, and the print driver, which I did. Still no HP preview.  Any more suggestions?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.