HP designjet T2300 Postscript - Scan to Network option (1573 Views)
Occasional Collector
sauk2012
Message 1 of 4 (1,573 Views)

HP designjet T2300 Postscript - Scan to Network option

Having trouble setting up scanning to a network drive. I can scan to a shared folder on a PC, e.g. \\computername\sharedfolder but can't scan to server file path, e.g. \\servername\folder\subfolder\scans . Our network setup does not allow a shared folder at the top level. Device has latest firmware and I can scan to the network folder from other models, e.g. HP M4345 MFP. Any ideas?

Occasional Visitor
HC4066
Message 2 of 4 (1,491 Views)

Re: HP designjet T2300 Postscript - Scan to Network option

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you but maybe we can collaborate to get this resolved or get someone else involved.

I basically have the same problem you have, I can configure the scan to network function to scan to a share on a PC, or even on a server (windows XP and Windows Server 2008 respectively)  What I cannot do is scan to a shared folder on a Windows Server 2008 cluster.

If I create the share on one of the virtual server names, I get a message that the device was not able to connect to the shared folder.  I've seen similar behavior before but only when trying to connect to the cluster share using the virtual server's IP address.  So I tested by creating a share on the physical cluster node and configured the scan to network folder to point to the virtual server name and the share on the physical cluster node and that works.

So, I believe what is happening is that the device is resolving the friendly name provided and then using the IP address  to connect to the share.  Let me know if this is similar to what you are experiencing, I will continue to look for a solution and post here if I find anything.

Occasional Advisor
CorbettEnders
Message 3 of 4 (1,406 Views)

Did you guys find resolution to this problem, as we are experiencing the same issue.  Ours is also a clustered file server, and sharing out a folder local to the server isn't really an option.

We might have to resort to "scan to usb" and then have the user copy to the network after.

Occasional Collector
sauk2012
Message 4 of 4 (1,302 Views)

Did not get a solution to this, so went with the scan to PC option.
We've just upgraded our PC clients from WinXp to Win7 and now can't scan to the PC either.
I should mention that the only change made on the scanner configuration has been the computername as it was swapped out during the upgrade. The receiving folder has been shared out and can be accessed from other PCs on the network.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.