Re: HP designjet 110 plus prints 3 test pages (505 Views)
Occasional Contributor
chrisbrown39301
Message 1 of 4 (1,129 Views)

HP designjet 110 plus prints 3 test pages

I recently changed printheads and now every time I turn on my MP Designjet 110 plus it pronts out 3 test pages.  Is something wrong or can I turn off this feature? It;s wasting paper and ink.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 4 (1,116 Views)

Re: HP designjet 110 plus prints 3 test pages

[ Edited ]

This has been discussed many times on this forum. The issue is one or more of the printheads has an issue. What the printer is doing is trying to calibrate the printheads. Anytime you change a printhead the plotter will calibrate the printheads. It will try 3 times to get a good calibration. If you look at the sheet in the right corner there will be an x on the last line which is usually the line that the color of the printhead that is bad. What I do is look at all the tiny squares of colors to see which ones are not solid with lines thru them. It is those colors that the printhead is defective. You can hit the cancel button each time you turn on the plotter when it starts to print the first sheet so it will only print one sheet or leave the plotter on all the time. Replacing the defective printhead(s) is the only way to solve the issue. When all the printheads are good you will get one sheet with a check mark in the lower right side and that sheet will only print the one time and will never print again until you change one of the printheads or request a calibration thru the front panel or the system maintenance utility.

Occasional Contributor
chrisbrown39301
Message 3 of 4 (1,087 Views)

That did it. I change out the printhead with the X and it put a green check in that line and now it works. Thanks

Occasional Visitor
norpine
Message 4 of 4 (505 Views)

ok, so I've been having trouble with my designjet printer - only getting blue and also going through the 3 page calibration when I turned it on.  I replaced all the printheads and now I am getting a flashing that they are all malfunctioning or something.  the 3 on the right are flashing, the print head on the left is ok.  How do I clean them?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.