Re: HP Designjet T2300 - unwanted rotation paper (826 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Marcooooo
Message 1 of 14 (2,187 Views)

HP Designjet T2300 - unwanted rotation paper

[ Edited ]

Dear all,

I searched this forum (and others) inside out, but I can't find a proper answer.

We recently purchased a HP Designjet T2300 with scanner.

So far everything seems to be ok, but... and here's the main issue, it seems as if every PDF we want to plot rotates 90 degrees. Whether we choose to not rotate or to (auto) rotate it, most of the pdf's come out rotated... That's not a huge problem, but it rotates so that the Designjet cuts off the paper in such a way that it approx. 25-30% is cut off every single time...

The plotters detects an A1 paper, chooses the A1 roll and rotates the drawing so that in stead of vertically it comes out horizontally so it doesn't fit. Therefore it misses a large part of the drawing.

Today a collegue came to tell me that even dwg (autocad) files rotate in the wrong direction so they get cut off as well...

To illustrate things:

It should print:

╔═╗

║   ║

╚═╝

It prints:

╔══

╚══

Whatever option or setup we use... either Adobe Acrobat overrules the plotter or the other way around, but in both cases the result is not as intended...

We have the latest firmware installed.

What can we do?

Thanx a lot in advance!

P.S. I apologize for my poor English, but I try...

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
timwj1
Message 2 of 14 (2,153 Views)

Re: HP Designjet T2300 - unwanted rotation paper

Have you checked the actual size of the pdf by scrolling your mouse cursor over the lower left hand corner of the document? it may be larger than what is possible for it to be able to rotate it and get it to fit onto the A1 roll size.
If you feel my reply has assisted you in repairing your printer please press the kudos star icon on the left and mark as problem solved. Thank you!

TJ
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
redellj
Message 3 of 14 (1,942 Views)

I'm having this same problem and have yet to come up with a solution. This plotter seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to rotating plots and it's a crapshoot as to whether it's going to work right each attempted plot. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's ACAD, or Adobe, or ArcMap for that matter. Very frustrating.....can anyone point me in a direction so that I can get this thing set up correctly once and for all??
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
IT_Rob
Message 4 of 14 (1,932 Views)

We just bought one of these too.  Having similar rotation issues.  Previous plotters never did.  24x36 plots on this device seem to always be rotated 90 degrees on a 36" wide roll, no matter what you select for orientation.  Is it possible to print a 24x36 sheet across the 36" wide roll? 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
timwj1
Message 5 of 14 (1,914 Views)

It seems like HP believes a 36x24 arch D file should be printed on 24 inch wide paper and 36 inches long on some of these models. I have gone into printer properties. click the features or effects tab, depending on operating system and either changed the rotate 90 degrees or auto rotate to see how the print preview looks and once it looks right it has always printed right for me. The portrait/landscape settings on the general properties does not seem to change the orientation.
I have heard, but not seen, that a certain version of firmware update created the problem of not rotating properly, but the only time I have seen this problem was in a secured environment where I was not allowed to do a firmware update to see if that fixed it.
If you feel my reply has assisted you in repairing your printer please press the kudos star icon on the left and mark as problem solved. Thank you!

TJ
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
D Hook1
Message 6 of 14 (1,903 Views)

Are you allowing for margins on your print?  Not sure what the margin setting is on your machine but I know on our T1200 we had to adjust to accomodate HP's margin requirments.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Navik
Message 7 of 14 (991 Views)

Have you ever resolved this issue? I have a client who is using this plotter. With a firmware update back in November-ish, the plotter behaved as it should, but recently HP decided to do an update or something, and since then (aprox. last week), it has been ignoring the user's preference and auto-rotating. He want's to print a 36 x 20, off of the 36" roll... but it always throws it to the 24" roll. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Richard Manns
Message 8 of 14 (862 Views)

I have the designjet t2300 too.  I am having a rotation problem also, it rotates the 24 x 36 print 90 degrees.  I have checked all of the settings on the machine and the setup before printing.  This has happened within the last month. Does anybody from HP look or participate in these forums.  I would think it is something simple to correct the problem. 

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Roy Kuzmich
Message 9 of 14 (826 Views)

With our T2300 clients that experience this issue it has always been a case of retraining them on how to use the Printer Drivers and set preferences that work for them 

1: update the printer drivers (both HPGL2 and PS)

2: set your preferences

3: The ACAD preferences and settings have to exactly match the driver settings

4: if the image on the Windows driver (prior to sending) shows any type of Red line, then it will not fit into the preferred image size.

5: if the PS driver does not work, try the HPGL2 driver and vice versa.

Good Luck

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
hpt2300
Message 10 of 14 (660 Views)

hi Roy,

sorry im  not getting this at all. I have exact problem. But for mine, im trying to print 36" length, because my paper is 36" long. but when i do "copy" or eprint - it always prints on the 24" length, leaving empty 12". when I print each job, or with USB, I can do paper rotation - but when you use eprint, and this is why i got the print is to print wirelessly from home - it doesn't do the job right. Please help. I have wasted more than a roll just to test this out and never work!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sdillow
Message 11 of 14 (475 Views)

We've been having this issue too for years now.  We plot both .pdfs and from AutoCAD, and it seems no matter what size (30x42 or 24x36) drawings we have, the dang machine decides to rotate them.  It doesn't even matter what the preview pane shows either.   I don't even want to think about the amount of paper we've had to cut and toss, to say nothing of the manhours sitting there cutting everything down to size.  Maybe HP owns X-acto too!  We've had techs come in and help us with the settings, you get one batch to plot correctly, then the next project is all screwed up the very next time.  How about some kind of warning that would pop up when the plotter gets the job and asks if you want it rotated?  Please help us HP!!!

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Mikeg81
Message 12 of 14 (220 Views)

Hi,

If you are trying to print a PDF with a 24x36 Drawing on a 36 in roll, Do Not Use the PS driver, always use the HPGL2 driver.

This is because the PS driver have fonts dont needed when printing a drawing, and the margins set on the driver.

To help with your problem, follow this example:

(Note : The name of the options might change depending on the version of the application used)

24x36 in drawing

Application settings - Adobe reader :

Page Sizing & Handling

- Actual size

Orientation

- Landscape

application.JPG

Click on Properties to open the driver

On the paper Quality tap select

Document size - Arch D

Orientation - Landscape

driver.JPG

Best regards

Mike G

If you have a better solution, please share it

If this helps, please share it and let me know :P

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Mikeg81
Message 13 of 14 (218 Views)

Hi,

Take a look at the size of the original. Sometimes the originals are created with extra margins you done see at first.
Because of those extra margins the image is rotated, because the image will not fit on the roll.

Also take a look at my post below.

Best regards
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Mikeg81
Message 14 of 14 (197 Views)

Hi,

When you are printing from e-print it is my understanding that the file will be printed the way it was saved or generated.

In other words, if the 24x36in file was saved on a portraid orientation it will be printed that way.

If you have a 36 in wide roll, you will waste 12in of white paper.

You can also contact the ePrint & Share support at the e-mail 

eprintandshare.support@hp.com

Best regards

Mike G

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation