HP Designjet 800 - System Error 86:01 (6275 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Allen Wilson
Message 1 of 7 (6,275 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Designjet 800 - System Error 86:01

Hello, I have a problem with my plotter. I know this error deals with a paper jam, but I cleared the paper. I am thinking something along the lines of the straps. When it starts to initialize it try's to move side to side but automatically stops and the error comes on. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
DiverNeil
Message 2 of 7 (6,275 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 800 - System Error 86:01

This error is a carriage-axis shutdown error. The service manual says that if it is not caused by a paper jam, then there my be to much friction on the slider rod, or the carriage may be sticking on the service station. It mentions trying a carriage movement test
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
raylin
Message 3 of 7 (6,275 Views)

check the trailing cable
Have had a number of 800's and 500's that shut down intermittantly due to the trailing cable doubling up on itself.
The latest trailing cables have a plastic stiffener attached to prevent doubling up while carriage is moving
Also check the carriage motor pulley.
Belt debri build up in pulley can cause shutdowns
If this is the case replace the belt and clean the grooves of the pulley
Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Allen Wilson
Message 4 of 7 (6,275 Views)

Thanks a lot guys.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
The Bobster
Message 5 of 7 (6,275 Views)

I've had the same issue before and it was the straps that had gotten worn.

I also got the message today and what I needed to do was take the case completely off the end first, power up the unit, wait until the print head is moving and then time where the print heads move back into the service station area. That is where a lot of paper gets chewed up and the machine will then come up with the 86:01 errors.

Manual: http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service%20Manual/DESIGNJET%20500,%20500PS,%20800,%20800PS%20Service%...
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Kim Cilo cilo
Message 6 of 7 (6,275 Views)

I already encounter that kind of error before and i already fix the problem, i clean the Carriage Rod and put lubricant, and clean ng Service station buti same problem, then i replaced the Trail cable and after, its working fine without any problem. the error usually comes when try to send a print jobs and when trying to process the printing showing that error.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
uniplotter
Message 7 of 7 (5,174 Views)

I just solved this same issue with sliding the paper cutter off to the left.  It had moved over slightly and was locking on the front panel prohibiting the print head from moving.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation