HP Designjet 510 42" PDF Printing Problem (688 Views)
Occasional Visitor
FieldsEnv
Message 1 of 1 (688 Views)

HP Designjet 510 42" PDF Printing Problem

My company  recently purchased a HP Designjet 42" printer to print 11x17 and larger prints. I downloaded new firmware and the driver for the printer directly from HP.  The printer is connected by a USB cable to a  computer running XP.   All of the documents we print are come from our draftsman in PDF format and are setup for 11x17 or larger printing.  When we have our PDFs printed at the copy shop they come out perfect and with the correct scale.  When I attempt to use the designjet I have to "fit to page" in order to print on a 11x17 page and I loose the scale.  If I keep the actual size of the drawing the drawing gets slightly clipped off on two ends).  I have tried using the small margins feature and cropping the drawings with no luck.  Do I need a postscipt version of the Designjet 510 42" to print from PDFs or could this just be a PDF setting?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.