HP Designjet 4500 error message 84.11:01 (677 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Wes Handrow_1
Message 1 of 7 (677 Views)

HP Designjet 4500 error message 84.11:01

Says Paper jam but there is no jam or paper in the plotter. What do I check next and what is the message telling me? Message varies from the above with 84.17 and 84.19.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 7 (677 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 4500 error message 84.11:01

Hello Wes,

See the following link for one suggestion on how to correct the 84.11 error:
http://www.fixya.com/support/t4188434-hp_designjet_4500_error_message_84_11_01

If you can track down a service manual for the DJ4500 you might be able to find more detailed instructions on how to handle these errors. Unfortunetly I was not able to find a free link to the manual for this model.

Post back if you had any luck with the solution suggested above.

Thanks!

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Wes Handrow_1
Message 3 of 7 (677 Views)

Unfortunately the link given is broken, I know it has to do with a sensor failure just need to know which one(s). Your answer was better than another I had gotten the other day in another forum, he thought I should pick up the unit, turn it over and shake it.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 4 of 7 (677 Views)

Wes,

The link works when I click on it, just in case here is the solution I wanted you to see:

Hello there
You may not see a paper jam.

This may work for you, it has worked for many here I given this advice so gave it a try it could work for you. Generally when this happens, something has fallen into the printer, or a piece of paper has been jammed in there.

First step, remove the ink cartridge, and turn the printer upside down and gently shake it, see if anything comes out.

If nothing goes, or you can't hear anything rattling around, get a piece of cardstock paper (60lb or heavier) and gently push this through the printer, to see if it will help push out what might be stuck in there.
And gave the rode that the ink slides on a good clean and maybe a bit oil on cloth and wipe the rod with it.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Wes Handrow_1
Message 5 of 7 (677 Views)

First did you look at the model I am asking about? This is a plotter, 6 feet wide by 4 feet tall, weighs something over 100 lbs. Nobody in their right mind is going to turn this over and shake it.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 6 of 7 (677 Views)

Wes,

Dont get stuck on the whole shaking it upside down thing. The second part of to the suggestion might still help you out.

If I had to shake a plotter upside down I would get a co-worker or two to help me out. It would be wise to remove the plotter from the stand and any auxilary pieces before shaking. That would lighten your load and reduce the risk of something important falling out and onto the floor. Your alternative is to pay someone to come in and service the printer.

Honestly, the service manual is going to have the best information about the error. I would put my efforts into tracking one of these down if you didnt want to try the suggestion posted above. Most of the time you can buy or download one from a website for pretty cheap.

Post back and let us know if cleaning the plotter as suggested above improves your situation.

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Adam Stone
Message 7 of 7 (677 Views)

The 84.11:01 states:The printer tries to raise Roll 1 media to the level of the Drive Roller, but the
Main Media sensor cannot detect the presence of the media.

The other two errors report that the media sensor is detecting paper and there is a jam. It sounds like you have paper stuck in the roll 1 paper path, giving the issue. Or, the main media sensor is flaky giving problems.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation