HP Designjet 110plus takes in and ejects the paper without print (3580 Views)
Occasional Contributor
VBrod
Message 1 of 8 (3,580 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Designjet 110plus takes in and ejects the paper without print

My friend asked me to take a look at his HP Designjet 110plus that ejects the sheets of paper without printing on them. I have updated the firmware and tried this link. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c00059999

I have also tried to print the information page from the printers Control Panel by pressing the Power button and OK button four times. This gives the same result ejecting the paper without printing anything on it. I have tried manually feeding the paper and A4 paper from the tray with the same issue.

I hope I’m not missing something simple but all help and advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Trusted Contributor
Carl Hennig_1
Message 2 of 8 (3,573 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 110plus takes in and ejects the paper without print

You state you have "tried" the procedure in the Continuous Feed  link. What did you actually do?

Ensuring the ramps are in the correct position is not easy. Would you please verify the ramps are in the flat position as shown in the attached photo.

How many sheets are ejected? 1, 2 everything in the tray?

If you unplug the printer from the power source, wait one minute and then plug in the printer, does the printer come to the normal Off state?

When you press the Power button, what happens? Does the printer come up to the normal On state? That is, ink cartridge and print head icons on and no flashing icons or lights.

Occasional Contributor
VBrod
Message 3 of 8 (3,541 Views)

Thanks for the fast response and help. Please find the answers to your questions below.

You state you have "tried" the procedure in the Continuous Feed  link. What did you actually do?

I press in the ramp engagement gear and at the same time pushed the pick rollers  upwards until I hear the ramps go down. I then took out the tray to make sure the 3 ramps were flat.

Ensuring the ramps are in the correct position is not easy. Would you please verify the ramps are in the flat position as shown in the attached photo.

The 3 ramps are in the flat position the same way as in your photo.

How many sheets are ejected? 1, 2 everything in the tray?

3 A4 sheets were ejected and the amber led then starts flashing. The control panel display is displaying  a sheet of paper with a X over is and a finger to press a button. The tray still has A4 paper in it. When I press the OK button it ejects one more sheet and the amber light is flashing and the control Panel is displaying the same thing again

If you unplug the printer from the power source, wait one minute and then plug in the printer, does the printer come to the normal Off state?

The green led light is on and there is nothing displayed on the control

When you press the Power button, what happens? Does the printer come up to the normal On state? That is, ink cartridge and print head icons on and no flashing icons or lights.

When I press the Power button I hear the printer beeps once or twice does the start up routine. The four ink cartridge level/print head icons are displayed. No flashing icons or lights.

Trusted Contributor
Carl Hennig_1
Message 4 of 8 (3,536 Views)

Please remove the paper tray.

Turn off the printer. Unplug the printer.

Wait one minute.

Plug in the printer. When ready, turn on the printer. Do not insert the paper tray.

Slide an A4 or A3 sheet of paper into the front manual feed. Please make sure the paper is against the right paper guide and the paper is inserted until it hits a stop.

With your right hand resting on the paper to keep it straight, press the Continue button once.

Please describe what happens.

If the paper was inserted correctly, the printer will pull in the paper a bit past the platen. Withdraw the paper and scan from right to left to determine the size.

If the paper was not inserted perfectly straight, the page will be rejected. Try at least three times.

If the above procedure never results in the printer accepting the sheert of paper, you may have a defective OOPS (Out Of Paper Sensor).

Occasional Contributor
VBrod
Message 5 of 8 (3,526 Views)

After plugging in the printer, I press the power on button it takes in the paper and ejects half the sheet. I then try to print the information page from the printers Control Panel and it ejects the rest of the sheet without printing anything. I then put in another sheets straight away and press the ok button, It takes it in a ejects all the sheet without printing.

Would you be able to upload a picture where the OOPS is located or describe where it is located? Would you know the model or part number for the OOPS?

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
Carl Hennig_1
Message 6 of 8 (3,522 Views)

Apology. Apparently this forum no longer accepts ZIP files. I will merge the two photos.

The attached ZIPped photos show the location of the OOPS.

Before replacing it, check if the sensor is loose and the hold down springs are in place. Also check the connector end to ensure it is plugged in.

If you intend to replace the semsor yourself, I suggest you invest $13USD in getting the manual for the printer.

http://www.service-docs.com/store/search.php?searchstring=DesignJet&showresult=true&exp=&resultpage=...

The manual is the third listing from the bottom.

Occasional Contributor
Ali,'CMX
Message 7 of 8 (3,448 Views)

Hi Vbrod
you have to check other media means A3,A2. There should be a sheet cutting problem
Occasional Contributor
VBrod
Message 8 of 8 (3,392 Views)

Thanks for all the help. Replacing the OOPS (Out Of Paper Sensor) fixed the issue. I wouldn't have been able to fix it only for this forum. Keep up the good work.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.