HP Designjet 1050C plus error message? (666 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Gang Wang_1
Message 1 of 4 (666 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Designjet 1050C plus error message?

Dear folks,

I had an error message on our HP 1050C plotter this morning "ERROR memory test". I tried turn off/turn back on and did not work. All other buttons did not work either.

What's wrong with the plotter? How to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Alex
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 2 of 4 (666 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 1050C plus error message?

With the power off remove the 4 or 6 screws that cover the memory compartment in the back of the plotter. With that cover off remove and reseat each of the simm sticks being carefull to replace each one in the same slot as one is firmware and the rest are memory sticks. Turn the plotter back on and report back any messages or success if it works.
Honored Contributor
Sa'ad Mu'asher
Message 3 of 4 (666 Views)

Hi Alex,

Also try to put the memory DIMM on the other slot if you have only one. But if you have two memory DIMMs, swap them.

Regards,

Sa'ad

P.S to David (Hi David) If the plotter is "1050C plus" there are no screws to remove from the DIMM cover (he can just depress the latch below the cover wih a flat screwdriver and slip it off outwards) and if it's non plus model (1050C) he'd remove the screws as you mentioned.
If there is a will, there is a way.
Occasional Visitor
Gang Wang_1
Message 4 of 4 (666 Views)

Thank you guys very much!!!

I followed your procedure and it worked. You guys are EXCELLENT!

Appreciate!

Alex
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.