HP DesignJet 800 'Number of Copies' Option (359 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Chris O
Message 1 of 6 (359 Views)

HP DesignJet 800 'Number of Copies' Option

I have a client who placed a call for a DJ800. His complaint is when he prints multiple copies using the Number of Copies option, the first one prints fine but on any subsequent copies, the lines and fill colors print but no text. Plotter info: Model C7708B, S/N SG36A5D042, Engine F/W A.02.08, Formatter F/W A.02.08, Hard Disk F/W D.02.08, Formatter RAM 160MB. He is printing from Excel using W2K on both his desktop and the print server. The driver is V5.34. Has anyone seen this before? Thank you. Chris
Respected Contributor
CA1109344
Message 2 of 6 (359 Views)

Re: HP DesignJet 800 'Number of Copies' Option

If he tries to reprint anything from the queue does it work?The first print comes out when it's processed and all others are done from the queue so the information is being corrupted somehow. The issue has to do with the RAM or the Hdd. Is there 3rd party RAM installed on the Formatter? It may be bad RAM, poorly seated memory, poorly seated Formatter or even a defective Formatter ( to avoid confusion the hard drive and formatter are the same item. )
HHHhhmmm ..... OK
Frequent Advisor
Chris O
Message 3 of 6 (359 Views)

We as Techs have no control over where memory is purchased from these days. They have been purchasing additional memory for DesignJets from Kingston for quite awhile; actually, I think the reseller we deal with supplies Kingston. There are two identical 800's with KTH2388/128 modules in them. They were purchased at the same time late last year. The first thing I am going to have the client try is to send the same printout and copies to the other 800. In the meantime, the firmware in both of them has been updated from A.02.08 to A.02.10 and the memory has been reseated. I also have the original HP 64MB modules that I can try if needed. Thank you. Chris
Honored Contributor
Sa'ad Mu'asher
Message 4 of 6 (359 Views)

Chris

Does he face this problem from another application? ACAD, Photoshop...etc?

Pls advice

Sa'ad
If there is a will, there is a way.
Respected Contributor
CA1109344
Message 5 of 6 (359 Views)

Chris;

Definately swap out the memory first. Kingston is exactly the brand I was thinking about when I asked. Kingston memory specifically has been known to cause issues with perfomance. Put the HP memory back in and I am willing to bet the problam goes away.
HHHhhmmm ..... OK
Respected Contributor
BR699956
Message 6 of 6 (359 Views)

Right on the ball Scott.
Third party memory does not work well with the built in memory on the main PCA.
At the very least, it is not supported.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.