HP DesignJet 1055cm stops printing halfway through - max file size? (350 Views)
Occasional Visitor
timrhancock
Message 1 of 2 (350 Views)

HP DesignJet 1055cm stops printing halfway through - max file size?

Hi,

What is the maximum file size this printer can handle before stopping printing halfway through a job?

I'm trying to print a large poster (60 x 36 inches (150cm x 90cm)) using the HP DesignJet 1055cm plotter at my uni. The poster stops printing about halfway through the print. I think this may be due to the printer running out of memory halfway through. I can't process the image using a computer as the uni doesn't allow it so instead I need to know the maximum file size that the plotter can handle before it stops printing like this.

Any help?

Valued Contributor
D Hook1
Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)

Re: HP DesignJet 1055cm stops printing halfway through - max file size?

[ Edited ]

Tim:

When you say it stops printing, do you mean the printer shuts itself off?  Or does it act like it's finished with the job and goes back to ready state?

Which half does it print; first or second half?

I've had a problem of the machine only wanting to print part of the drawing.  I've experienced this on Designjet models 450C, 750C, 755CM, 800PS, 5000 and 5500 but I've never used a 1055CM so not sure it's the same.

Try going to the Print to Scale in the setup screen, select 100%.  I do a lot of long length printing and if I don't check this box, it will only do half the print, usually the second half.  But it will run out the full length of paper that I selected, do part of the print, then go back to "READY" state.  Just two days ago I had to do 8 prints that were all 36" wide but varied from 52" to 135" long.

Good luck and let us know what happens so others will benefit from your experience.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.