Re: HP DJ Z5400-facing trouble during loading Tracing Roll (126 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (157 Views)

HP DJ Z5400-facing trouble during loading Tracing Roll

Hi

When we try to load new tracing roll. Most of the time My printer shows alert message " paper edge not found".

However, after trying several times we succeded to load tracing roll as well as to print by making print mismatch command "print anyway".

In other printer during loading roll, paper can be cut by the command form move and cut. During loading when we want to cut the paper by this command it just move the paper without cutting.

As well as in paper list there is no such type of paper. Also help, how to add such type of paper in the paper list.

Please provide help......

Jabir  

Trusted Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (148 Views)

Re: HP DJ Z5400-facing trouble during loading Tracing Roll

Hi,

You can load the paper as Plain paper or HP Natural Tracing Paper.

For the problem cutting that you mention I have seen 2 scenarios

1- After pressing form feed and cut the printer moves the media/paper, but the carriage does not move.

- This is because the media/paper selected on the printer disable the cutter. This is becuase the cutter is no capable of cutting that media/paper.

2- After pressing form feed and cut the printer moves the paper, carriage moves but the media/paper is not been cut.

The posible cause are :

- Encoder strip is dirty and the carriage does not move to the right possitioon to engage the cutter. for this clean the encoder strip with a lint free cloth damp with water

- Broken cutter. On top of the cutter there is a small pin that is used by the carriage to engage the cutter. if this pin is broken you will need to replace the cutter

I hope this helps

Best regards

Mike G

Occasional Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (126 Views)

Re: HP DJ Z5400-facing trouble during loading Tracing Roll

Hi

My printer is still showing the message " paper edge not found" during media loading process. Although, I have cleaned the Encoder strip.

Probably, printer cutter head is not broken. As it is cutting the paper automatically after finishing the job, But when i try to cut it by using the command form move and cut, it only moves the media without cutting.

Please help .....

Jabir

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.