HP 5500 Unknown issue with multiple errors. (77 Views)
Occasional Advisor
whoartnow
Message 1 of 2 (77 Views)

HP 5500 Unknown issue with multiple errors.

Hi there, I'm having issues with my 60" 5500 and no matter what i try I can't work out what is going on. I'll start from the beginning. 

My 60 needed a belt change as the teeth near the stepper motor were all but gone. Now this isn't the first time I've done a belt change (second on this 60 and 1 more on our 42" 5500PS) and everything went ok until about 35% of the way through initialising. After a quick Google search brough me to this forum where DavidZuts told someone to loosen off the tension pully. So I did, but to no avail, still hangs at 35%. 

This time on booting up, I left it for 15 minutes or so and it gave me an error code (0D0000-033F01EE). Once again, Google directed me to this forum where once again DavidZuts (does he know everything??) explained that it was probably a bad hard disk. So, I bought a new WD disk with the latest firmware and media profiles (disk is secondhand but has been removed from a working 60" 5500) got it installed... and I now get error code 1f50007. 

So another look brought me back here were I have narrowed it down to a possible PSU failure, or possible PCA failure, or possibly even a dead HDD. Now I've used a voltemeter and checked the 12v and 5v (red and yellow) on the HDD connector and they come out at 12.01v and 4.98v which is fine s the PSU is getting the power to the HDD. 

I've since put the original HDD in and I'm getting the same 0D0000-033F01EE error code on that one. The only two things I can think of trying is to locate the green and orange LED to see if the green one is off but for the life of me I can't work out where they are. And the second option is to test the HDDs to see if they are good. The problem with that is none of our PC's have IDE connectors so to do this I'd need to order a USB to IDE adapter. 

Please note, every thing I've tried I've done without media loaded and I've tried everything with the Jetdirect card in and out (although I get the same errors every time). I've triple checked the trailing cable connectors, the ram, the belt (it runs smoothly, is correctly seated at both ends and is set up correctly, oiled and smooth) There is nothing else I can think of so I'm hoping someone here might have another suggestion I can try. I don't mind buying new bits for it as long as I know exactly what has gone wrong. 

Thank you for any possible answers. 

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (42 Views)

Re: HP 5500 Unknown issue with multiple errors.

I do not know where you found a post that I said it was a bad hard disk. 0D0000 errors generally relate to missing media profiles. Try loading profiles for the ink being used. As to the replacement drive. They sold you a bad one as that error is a bad hard disk. Seems kind of strange that you change a belt and now you have media profile issues which I am sure you did not have before them. It is also possible you damaged the tube assembly during the belt change which now has corrupt information and will cause the 0D0000 error.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation