HP 4345 mfp Cold restart/default options (3216 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ian Hedley
Message 1 of 5 (3,216 Views)

HP 4345 mfp Cold restart/default options

I have a problem with a HP 4345mfp that seems to be hanging afer installing SafeCom software. Is there a combination the same as a 5500 series (press start when counting memory) to do a cold restart/default options menu have tried looking through the HP Documentation but was unable to find anything usefull Thanks
Frequent Advisor
IamTHEvilONE
Message 2 of 5 (3,216 Views)

Re: HP 4345 mfp Cold restart/default options

Yeah, there usually is a cold reset ... but you should call tech support to do it.

A cold reset on a 4345 will wipe any and all settings that aren't stored on the hard drive. (which is a lot).

Steps: Hold '6' on the keypad and then power on the printer. Wait until 256mb is displayed and all 3 status LEDs are lit on the left side of the LCD. Let Go of '6'.

"Select Language" should be displayed. This menu uses the '3' as an UP arrow, '9' as a DOWN arrow, and '6' as the ENTER button.

Cold Reset is an option in this hidden menu.

Cheers,

Iam
Frequent Advisor
Mike02x
Message 3 of 5 (3,216 Views)

I would not recommend a Cold Reset before contacting a support agent.

Usually this is a procedure that an HP Support Agent would recommend the customer to do if necessary, since it can wipe out the whole configuration of the printer, and if the case was that you had a hidden menu setup you won't be able to restore any hidden buttons or options.

If by doing this damages the unit(which it is possible) and you tell them you did a Cold Reset or any of the hidden menu procedures, this can void your warranty.

Also i was reading that you were using a 3rd Party Solution Software, did you try even unplugging or uninstalling the software and try it out before even proceeding to do the cold reset or consulting these forums for such step?
All my posts are ideas, not related to HP, HP is not responsible to any damage done if you follow instructions provided by Forum posters.
Advisor
S.Hannan
Message 4 of 5 (3,216 Views)

Considering your machine dosn't even work now I think a cold reset is a safe option. Just remember everything will be wiped. This includes the printers ip address if set manually, scan settings etc. I had the same problem with securejet (alternative to safecom)hanging the device and found the only way to remove all instances of the software was to cold reset and then format the HDD.

** note this restores the device to factory and everything is wiped. You will have to reconfigure everything.

To perform a cold reset
1 Turn the MFP off and then on.
2 When the memory count appears on the control-panel display, press and hold 6 until all three
LEDs flash once and then stay on. This might take up to 20 seconds.
3 Press 3 four times until COLD RESET appears on the control-panel display.
4 Press 6 one time. The MFP continues its initialization sequence.

To perform a hard-disk initialization
1 Turn the MFP off and then on.
2 When the memory count appears on the control-panel display, press the right-hand side of the
START button until all three LEDs are lit. Release the START button.
3 Press 5 one time. INITIALIZE DISK appears on the control-panel display.
4 Press 6 one time. A series of asterisks appears on the control-panel display. Wait for the MFP to
complete its initialization sequence.

Advisor
A-dub
Message 5 of 5 (3,216 Views)

Enkie:

If a cold reset causes damage to the unit, then the unit was already defective to begin with. A cold reset simply resets the unit to its default state.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.