HP 4000 usage reports/cancelled jobs (148 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mgerman
Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

HP 4000 usage reports/cancelled jobs

On the HP 4000, we track our usage daily and charge by the length of paper used.  When you cancel a plot midstream, do the usage numbers reflect the original size of the plot or do they adjust for the cancellation.  For example, if I cancel an E size plot after one foot of printing, does the usage report count 1 foot or does it count 4 feet as the intended plot? It can make a significant error in our billing if it is the latter.

thx

HP Pro
Mike-T
Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)

Re: HP 4000 usage reports/cancelled jobs

Hi mgerman,

One of the support engineers did some tests on a z6100 which is based on the 4000 architecture and accounting features. The results showed that cancelling a print job does track the actual usage, and not the intended usage before cancelling. 

Of course, this is assuming that the z6100 behaves the same way that the 4000 does, which it should. 

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,
Mike

I work on behalf of HP.

**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.