HP 2500cp TCP/IP Settings - AND Driver (230 Views)
Occasional Visitor
prezpwns
Message 1 of 6 (230 Views)

HP 2500cp TCP/IP Settings - AND Driver

I have just acquired a used 2500cp that has minor cosmetic damage(dent on roll cover). I just resolved a problem, dealing with replacing the entire ink system.

I am running Windows XP Professional SP2.

First, I am trying to set up my printer to print over the network. The problem is when I try to change my 'MIO' settings, the 'Cfg Network' and 'Cfg TCP/IP' settings to YES, they revert to OFF/NO every time I go back into the interface- The statice IP will stay , except those settings - ?????

2nd - I CAN successfully print to it locally(Lpt1). I went to: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18... to get the 'correct' driver, which is supposed to be: ver. 4.65. When i get the test page, it reads that I am using Windows NT and the driver version is 4.101

If anyone has a suggestion/solution, it would be greatly appreciated!

Honored Contributor
Sa'ad Mu'asher
Message 2 of 6 (230 Views)

Re: HP 2500cp TCP/IP Settings - AND Driver

Hi there,

Here is how to configure the IP address of the CP series Jetdirects:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpj02807#N348

As for the driver, please post your email address to send you the 4.65 rev. driver i have.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sa'ad
If there is a will, there is a way.
Occasional Visitor
prezpwns
Message 3 of 6 (230 Views)

pvillavicencio@mpl.herzing.edu
Honored Contributor
Sa'ad Mu'asher
Message 4 of 6 (230 Views)

Hello again,

Driver sent directly to your email. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sa'ad
Occasional Visitor
prezpwns
Message 5 of 6 (230 Views)

Hello Sa'ad,

I received your email containing the drivers for my HP 2500cp. Although, we have Symantec security which does not allow executable files and did not let the 'OEMSETUP.inf' file through.

If it is not too much trouble, could you please re-send that file as a text-file? All you would have to do is chage the extension from .inf --> .txt .

I appreciate it.

cheers,

Preston V.
Honored Contributor
Sa'ad Mu'asher
Message 6 of 6 (230 Views)

Done. Open your mail.

Sa'ad
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.