Firmware upgrade Hp designjet 5500 (830 Views)
Occasional Visitor
markjenkins56
Message 1 of 6 (830 Views)

Firmware upgrade Hp designjet 5500

We have a problem with our HP Designjet 5500 60" printer

It says no media profiles available , so I am presuming after reading other discussions we have got upgrade the firmware , which I am trying to do using the Hp web access page.

When I enter th printers IP address in the web browser I just keep getting Internet explorer can not dispaly this page, even though internet is working fine.

Printer is connected to a router via ethernet cable and computer is also connected to the router via ethernet cable.

I have double checked to ensure i have correct IP address for the printer.

Any help would be most welcome

Thank You

Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 2 of 6 (825 Views)

Re: Firmware upgrade Hp designjet 5500

Can you ping the printer?

If not you may have a bad network card on the printer, if everything else works.

Regular Advisor
repairdoctor
Message 3 of 6 (816 Views)

Hi,

Try to connect directly with an FTP cable the printer and the PC. See if is responding on web page.
If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.
Advisor
hp_help1
Message 4 of 6 (805 Views)

System Error: 0D0000 033f019C

Problem Description: No Media Profiles Available.

Corrective Action: If you upgrade the firmware while media is loaded, you will get the system error "0d0000 033f019C". In this case, press Enter and you will get the message "no media profiles available". The solution is to unload the media and switch the Printer ON and OFF again.

NOTE This problem only appears when you try to upgrade from Non- UV ink firmware to UV ink firmware while the media is loaded.

i got this from the service manual maybe it can help it can be downloaded at this blog

http://freeservicemanauls.blogspot.com/

http://hpservicemanuals.blogspot.com/
Occasional Visitor
markjenkins56
Message 5 of 6 (797 Views)

Hi

Thank you for your reply what do you mean my ping, the printer, everything loads up and intializes 100% but then get the error message "no media profiles please remove roll" But there is no roll loaded.

Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 6 of 6 (793 Views)

Open the command prompt screen on your computer and type: PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (replace x with the IP address of your printer).

If the "ping" is negative (you will see the result displayed), either the network cable is broken or the ethernet card on the printer is bad and will need to be replaced.

Read also the previous post, it gives you a couple more ideas on what could be wrong too.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.