Error code: 08:11 on HP Designjet 500ps Plotter (2947 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 8 (2,947 Views)

Error code: 08:11 on HP Designjet 500ps Plotter

Any idea what is error code 08:11? I've encountered this error error code after did a 'hardware reset' on the plotter. Help...
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 8 (2,947 Views)

Re: Error code: 08:11 on HP Designjet 500ps Plotter

Mavis,

Why did you reset the EEROM of the plotter? What was the problem?

This error indicates that the Front Panel is not detected. So turn the plotter OFF and try reconneting it, keep it off for 15 minutes and then turn it back on.

Try this and keep us updated please.

Regards,

Sa'ad
If there is a will, there is a way.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 8 (2,947 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I did a reset on the EEROM of the plotter was because I encountered the system error 79:04 (the designjet 500ps 42"). At the beginning, i thought the 79:04 error is solved after I've upgraded the latest firmware. The latest firmware doesn't help either until the plotter technician did a 'reset' to the plotter and it works for 1 day only.

I received the system error 79:04 again on the next day. To solve it (got urgent drawings need to plot), I did a 'reset' to the plotter and error code 08:11 fpHydra.c, 526 is what I get. I managed to plot the drawings out at last. Everything go back to normal after the 'reset' BUT I not sure what error I'm going to get tomorrow! Please advise. Thank you.
Honored Contributor
Message 4 of 8 (2,947 Views)

Mavis,

If you are sure the Firmware is the latest, check the Printheads and Carriage contacts, clean them if necessary with a dampened lint-free cloth WHILE THE PLOTTER IS OFF. If the 79:04 error reappears try replacing the Black printhead first. Usually, if one or more printheads are faulty and the plotter gives the 79:04 error, the plotter displays the line: "Task: twsserver" AFTER PRESSING THE MENU KEY.
Check also whether the plotter goes directly to 79:04 upon initializing or after sending a job from the PC.

try this and let us know how you get on tomorrow, and kindly note down any error message appears during troubleshooting, and if possible write the Error Log of the plotter, it may help us finding the cause.

Read this (79:04) HP link too:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&objectID=bpp03321&locale=...

Regards,

Sa'ad
Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 8 (2,947 Views)

Dear Sa'ad,

Thanks for your prompt reply and sorry for my late feedback.

Well, regarding the HP designjet 500ps 42" plotter, I've done everything as you instructed (clean the print head, replace the Black cartridge and so on). Same error message popped-up.

The error is System Error 79:04 again after a print job has been send from PC.

System Error
Assertion: failed
Task: twsserver
file: atps.c
lines: 247

Due to that, I've no choice but to do a 'hard reset' to the plotter again. Question: will the plotter's EEROM corrupted after more than 3 times hard reset? Please advise. Appreciate your feedback very much.

Regards,

Mavis
Honored Contributor
Message 6 of 8 (2,947 Views)

Mavis!!!!

I was so clear when i told you to replace the PRINTHEAD not the Cartridge- quote: "If the 79:04 error reappears try replacing the Black printhead first"!

I was so precise about the error description when i told you :". Usually, if one or more printheads are faulty and the plotter gives the 79:04 error, the plotter displays the line: "Task: twsserver" AFTER PRESSING THE MENU KEY." This is what you mentioned in your last reply.

Mavis- There is no need to reset the EEROM now at all, just replace the black printhead and you're done:) If problem persists try another printhead and so on...

If error reappears or any other please let us know.

Regards,

Sa'ad

Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 8 (2,947 Views)

Hi Sa'ad,

Thanks for your valuable input. The problem has been solved after replacing the Black Printhead. Frankly speaking, I not sure this Black Printhead will last for so long!

The last time we replaced the Black Printhead was 11th May 2004. It becomes faulty in less than 2 months! Do you foresee any other problem or what factor causing the Black Printhead conk out? Thanks for spending reading my email.

Regards,

Mavis

Honored Contributor
Message 8 of 8 (2,947 Views)

Hi Mavis,

Good to get your problem solved.

First, check in the Printer Information the Service Station (SVS) usage; if around 100% or above then the problem is due to the SVS-replace it. If no, turn the plotter off and try cleaning the Carriage Slots with a dampened lint-free cloth until you see them clean.
Finally and most important the Firmware should always be the up-to-date for better plotter performance.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Sa'ad
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.