Designjet z3200 problems (256 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jjnnyrr
Message 1 of 3 (256 Views)

Designjet z3200 problems

Having some issues with out DJ z3200.   

I've cleaned the printheads and the printhead contacts (both physically and through the printer's cleaning option), I've replaced the ink cartridges and I've run every kind of diagnostic option there is.

At the moment, my problem is that all the colors will print except for Matte Black.  The cartridge and printhead for it have both been replaced and the problem still persists.  I am unsure of what else I can do. 

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- thank you

(I've included a scan of the last diagnostic print the printer made )

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ArchSign
Message 2 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: Designjet z3200 problems

[ Edited ]

Have you replaced the printhead? (Not the ink cart) How bad does the printhead look? The MK wears out fast when you are printing standard black and matte paper.

I have had the same issue before. Also, have you run any of the diagnostics on the machine that would test the carriage? No kinks in the hoses?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
james sanderson
Message 3 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: Designjet z3200 problems

Did you ever figure out the problem?  I have the same problem now.  I've cleaned the heads, and manually cleaned the MK/R head.  Run all the tests.  Everything says good to go except it still won't print the matte black.  I was going to order a new printhead and try that.  BTW, this seems only to happen on canvas.  Since that is what I'm printing on a lot, it's a really big problem.  Thanks

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation